facebook

small town vs big city

by:    

Why does the big 4 only bid kids from a select number of prestigious private and public schools but bid a relatively large percentage of Texas small town kids? Aren't these 2 groups of people completely different?

Posted By: Confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

small town kids make good pledge trainers and you have to love that Texas Oil Money

By: well
#2by:    

Well said, above

By: true

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

old money is also in the small towns spread around Texas (mostly beacuse of oil)

but their wealth is nothing compared to the old money spots of Houston, Dallas, etc.

By: Economics
by: Well...   

That is not necessarily true. At all. My small town boyfriend's family owns and runs a huge business with interests all over the world including China, Russia, Europe, and the Middle East. Started the business with old family money made from land and timber cutting. I would put their business against any other one.
My dad is a doctor. That is typically where small town money comes from. That and successful business owners. But we have about 4 or 5 families that could go toe to toe with about anyone.

By: Well...
by: Yep   

Some doctors, some lawyers, oil and other businesses are where some of the big money is. You generally make a lot more working as a doctor out in places like Midland, Lubbock, Abilene, etc. than Dallas, Houston, or Austin.

By: Yep
#4by:    

You dont have to go to an elite HS to be a SigEp or Kappa Sig

By: Shjskf
by: Really?   

Take a minute to go through their pledge classes. Over 75% of them went to private school plus the public privates. Kappa Sig more so than Sig Ep

By: Really?
by: Sorry bud   

Suburb kids, second-rate private schools, and rejects dont impress me

By: Sorry bud
by: haha   

I'd put KS money against phi gam money any day of the week.

By: haha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.