facebook

help!

by: Honestly

I know how to dress myself but with the intensity of rush, especially here and the "dress code" for each day of rush, I know I'm supposed to wear black on pref and dressed classy and such, but is it okay to dress it up with a little color? Or is it best just to stay in all black? Just wanted an honest opinion!

Posted By: Honestly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: shhhhh   

you do you

By: shhhhh
#2  by: Depends   

If you're familiar with Texas recruitment, you probably already have some sense of where you may be asked back. All of the groups have their codes, and with that said, some groups may be more open to "innovation" than others.

The best thing you can do is remember this: if you have to fret or ask, best to stay on the safe side...no color in my honest opinion and tasteful accessories (not to many!). Also, mind the difference between "heels" and "pumps." It's a code. Heels should NOT make you look like a project runway tryhard or streetwalker. Stick with 3-4 inches or maybe 5 at the max. Think your grandparents' black tie event or function.

By: Depends
by: MMMAug 12, 2013 9:30:57 AM

You should also think about how confident you would feel if you are wearing something slightly different than everyone else. Some girls might not think that will bother them at all but once they are in that environment then they get nervous and start second guessing themselves and that could affect the way you act in your parties and affect how the sororities perceive you. So wear what you will feel is comfortable with that in mind.

By: MMM
by: fashion don'tAug 12, 2013 3:49:49 PM

DON"T wear super high heels in some bright color to contrast your dress. You might have thought that was a good idea for the club formal but it's just considered tacky here.

By: fashion don't

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.