facebook

ato and phi delt potential

by: James

Do either of these fraternities have the potential for becoming moe prominent at UT in the future? They were both top tier up until 20 30 years ago so they probably have a good alumni base to work with. ATO is doing pretty well and upper mid tier. What about Phi delt? They were once the top along with FIJI.

Posted By: James
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Dude   

ATO is probably middle middle tier, and Phi Delt is lower middle tier. ATO doesn't seem to be improving or going downhill in particular (actually if you look at old posts on here it looks like they were better a few years ago). Phi Delt is lower than ATO, but does seen to be among the fraternities steadily improving. How far they'll get is pretty unsure, but they are making improvement.

By: Dude
#2  by: @james   

I would say ATO is solid middle tier. They are way better than phi delt. People try and group phi psi and phi delt as lower middle tier but there is quite a drop off between them and the other mid tiers. ATO and pike aren't as "try hard" as sigma chi and have been pretty neutral in mobility. However, they have 100+ member chapters so I would say their prospects are better than phi delt.

By: @james
by: I'd sayAug 8, 2013 3:23:19 PM

The 3 or 4 lower middle tier houses appear to be moving up more at the moment than stagnant ones like ATO and Pike, but that may just amount to them looking just like ATO and Pike stuck in the middle of middle tier in a few years, so who knows.

By: I'd say
#3  by: James   

So How much influence does chapter alumi play in the success or failure of a chapter? I mean presumably ATO has strong alums who have helped the chapter along especially with securing a chapter house after being kicked off and losing their old house. Sigma chi also seems to have benefited sigificantly from alumni support when they got kicked off for a few years and the alumni kept their house. What happened to phi psi and their alumni? Didn't they plan on building a brand new house several years back that never materialized? Where have the phi delt alumni been since they have returned to campus?

By: James
by: WellAug 8, 2013 7:56:00 PM

Phi Psi got majorly screwed over by an alum who commited to funding a new house, bulldozed theirs, and bailed or so I heard, though they never had the kind of alumni backing Phi Delt or ATO should. Phi Delt's alums presumably bailed after bad national policy helped kill the old chapter, and aren't very committed anymore, or they would probably at least be competing with Sigma Chi and Delt, if not risen to the top again like Kappa Sig.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.