facebook

sae, fiji, and pkt. stop hating.

by: ATX

All of y'all think that just because the top 2 fraternities and top 3 sororities only rush certain high schools with wealthy kids, they are somehow really judgmental and say stuff like "who would ever want to be in a group like that?" Let me tell y'all something. They aren't judgmental or stuck up for only rushing wealthy kids. Its just due to the fact that it is easier and smarter to rush people from the same HS, camp, or area as you because you know these kids better and can assess whether or not they'll fit in much better than a random rushee who you talk to for less than an hour at rush. Its not that these groups only rush kids from HP, Alamo Heights, Memorial, Westlake, Tarrytown because they're rich, but rather that the kids who have pledges these organizations for years have been from the same area, and it therefore makes much more sense to continue this. Stop hating. They are the top fraternities and sororities for a reason.

Posted By: ATX
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yep   

Stop on. About time someone brought this up. They are some of the classiest groups around, and would be horrified by what some of the trolls on this site say about middle tier houses. Most connected, wealthiest, prominent families in texas right there.

By: Yep
by: Right hereAug 7, 2013 12:48:38 PM

is the problem. Constant talk about being the wealthiest, classiest, and most important is totally classless too.

By: Right here
#2  by: Excuse me   

"They are top sororities and fraternities for a reason" okay so you just admitted that you don't pay attention to PNMs that aren't from another area, then basically blame us for being in other chapters that are so called lower tier. Let me tell YOU something. I was not born into money, and I don't think that makes me any less of a person than someone who was. I'm completely fine with not being in PKT, in fact I cut them first round. Would they have cut me? Probably. But it annoys me to no other when PKT call themselves more classy and higher tier simply because of the sorority they're in which by the way recruited them because they're from a wealthy area.

By: Excuse me
by: ummAug 8, 2013 11:03:08 AM

It's just the way it is. If PKT really cared SOOO much about wealth, zip code, or old establishment...I would have gotten a bid from them. But it isn't about that. It's about who you got to know over time and who you grew up around. Which means that if you aren't from the state of Texas proper, connections are more difficult if you haven't really done your homework, so-to-speak, or gone the extra mile to make known that you were rushing. It's not the fault of "stuck up" jerks necessarily, it's the way it works. There are plenty of other chapters besides top 3 or big 4 that might give the benefit of the doubt.

By: umm
#3  by: One of the few   

Coming from a greek at UT, I can honestly say it is horrifying to read all these things people say about each other. I find it interesting that typically the fraternities on campus can live in harmony with each other but then completely bash each other on this website. I have found that many of the so called "top tier" and "middle tier" guys are quite worth getting to know and talking to and are also mostly all polite guys. I don't think there is anything wrong with rushing guys from the same groups every year. As a guy in a "middle tier" fraternity, we consistently rush guys from the same areas every year because it's those guys that have connections to my fraternity. Anybody ever heard of the expression "to each his own?" I'm not butt hurt that my fraternity doesn't get guys from the wealthiest neighborhoods, I like them because I enjoy their company and friendship which happens to stem from the fact that they are guys from my similar socio-economic "rank." We have lots of things in common. I am sure the guys from "top tier" fraternities will tell you the same thing, they do not rush kids because they are wealthy, they rush kids because these wealthy kids from the same areas as them have similar interests, hobbies, etc. and have the connections to join that fraternity. All in all I can say that as a so called "middle tier" guy myself, I am happy where I am as I do not feel like I have to impress anyone.

By: One of the few
by: PKTAug 8, 2013 1:00:37 PM

Awesome response, thank you!!!

By: PKT
#4  by: continued...   

We are "rivals" with one other fraternity on campus solely because we compete for the same guys in rush. I can also say that most of our rush list is picked out far before the first day of class as well. So aside from that fraternity, I feel no need, nor have I observed any of my fraternity brothers need to bash on any fraternity we don't compete with (and even those we do). For that reason, I think a lot of the hate is trolling. I know Sae and Fiji compete with each other, KSig and Sig Ep compete with each other among the so called "top tier, so also for that reason I don't think that any of them would come on here to bash on fraternities they don't compete for rushees or girls with. There is so much more merit to UT greek life to what goes on outside of this website and I hate that UT greeks get a bad rap, and this website doesn't help any of us.

By: continued...
#5  by: I think it's    

mostly this site. I'm in a middle tier fraternity, but I know a lot of cool people in the top houses who would never come on this site and act like what I've seen some people claiming to be on those houses do.

By: I think it's

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.