facebook

gpa

by: wondering

What sororities are known to take girls with below a 3.0?

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

none

By: no
#2  by: Wait   

Ou got into UT with under a 3.0 or you're rushing as a sophomore? I'm calling troll if its the former, cause this is posted on about every Greekrank page, and no one gets into this school with grades like that.

By: Wait
#3  by: correct me but...   

Pi Phi doesnt ask for GPA

By: correct me but...
by: YeahAug 6, 2013 6:25:32 PM

Gotta be a troll. You see this question on all the other schools. Not UT though. It's not a factor for rush because eveyone has a 3.0. Now if a girl has a really high GPA and/or SAT, she might be sought after.

By: Yeah
by: ^Aug 6, 2013 6:37:32 PM

Yeah short of your parents buying a gym or something, you aren't getting into UT with grades like that.

By: ^
by: resumeAug 6, 2013 9:59:18 PM

Pi Phi doesn't ask for a transcript but girls do include that info on their social resumes. Everyone knows if you have a low gpa.

By: resume
by: DuhAug 7, 2013 9:52:04 AM

Every sorority gets your grades via UT. They don't depend on you sending them in. That said, no one got into UT with anything near below a 3.0 - transfer or freshman - unless they have mad football skills.

By: Duh
#4  by: but   

a girl i know got in with a 2.5 this year because of her parent's connections after appeal and she's rushing.. a great number of people get in for connections regardless of their poor gpa... but considering pi phi doesnt look at gpa, wouldn't she be fine?

By: but
by: wowAug 7, 2013 10:14:47 AM

All the sororities get grade confirmations on everyone from UT official reports. All sororities have national minimums to be able to offer a bid and the local chapters are even higher. All of them are above 2.5. She will be dropped first round. Not that I believe your story. No one is getting into UT with a 2.5 unless they play football.

By: wow
#5  by: It's top 10%   

Some schools in Texas are really bad and UT has to let their top 10 in. I knew a girl who got in with a 2.25 and she has like a 19 on her ACT . I don't know her SAT or if she even took it. I'm sure she'll flunk out, but UT had to take her cuz of the law. Needless to say her school is really bad!

By: It's top 10%
by: UTAug 6, 2013 10:17:33 PM

Is top 8%, and there can't be more than a handful of schools that are bad enough to have people in the top 8% with a 2.25.

By: UT
#6  by: but im wondering if    

she will be okay in rush?

By: but im wondering if
#7  by: No   

I can't imagine any chapter would take a grade risk like tht. Just asking for a pledge to flunk out.....

By: No
#8  by: ..   

What about sophomores rushing? I'm pretty sure a bad GPA would kill them even more

By: ..
by: ^Aug 7, 2013 7:39:37 PM

If you have under a 3.0 at UT I can't imagine it looks as bad as if you couldn't hack a 3.0 in high school. If you couldn't pull off a B average in high school you either went to the hardest high school ever or you're going to wash out of UT in a year.

by: ah haAug 8, 2013 12:51:38 AM

an under a 3.0 as a sophomore won't get a bid anywhere. really you need a 3.5 to be competitive

By: ah ha
by: ^Aug 8, 2013 1:30:17 AM

I'm not saying your get a bid, but under a 3.0 at UT is still better than not being able to hack a B average in high school.

#9  by: Just   

transfer to Texas state. Youll be Mensa level there

By: Just

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.