facebook

what happens if i don't attend an open house event

by: Lisa

I am going through recruitment this month and I am really excited. The only issue I have is that my parents do not want me to attend any event hosted by Zeta or Tri-Delt. I come from a Latino background (both my grandmothers) and they feel all the negative press about the Fiesta party and how they made fun of Latinos would reflect negatively on our family if I socialized with these girls. If I don't go into the parties during open house will that hurt my chances at other chapters? I don't care about them specifically, but I do care about the others.

Posted By: Lisa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You don't have a    

choice. Beyond that, none of the girls in those chapters did anything worse than having a fiesta party. If the fact that two guests showed up to a party in offensive outfits is enough to make you not want to associate with any of the groups you are probably too sensitive to be Greek here.

By: You don't have a
#2  by: So   

how far did you actually look into the Tri Delt/Zeta situation? Because if you actually know what happened, and it's simply having a "fiesta" party that's so offensive, I suggest you reconsider rushing.

By: So
#3  by: Seriously?   

To answer your question, you must go to all open houses or else you'll be dropped from recruitment. They take roll at each house. You can just rank them last if it is actually too big a deal for you.

By: Seriously?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.