facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: butter

in complete honesty, how easy is it to get into a sorority when rushing for the first time as a sophomore?

Posted By: butter
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: this is honesty   

It’s gonna be pretty damn hard for you if you don’t already have an established group of friends within the sorority. Though every sorority has a required quota of sophomores to take, most of the times sophomores that are selected for membership for a sorority are the “shoe ins” because they already have so many friends there. Not many spots left at all for the girls who have been completely isolated from greek life. It’ll be hard if you don’t have close connections. If you already have a friend group, you’ll be alright as I’m sure they’ve told you.

By: this is honesty
#2  by: Truth   

It will be fine as long as you go with a group where your friends are. Getting into one without being part of friend group would be tougher, I would think. I know my chapter already knows which sophomores we are taking and they already go to everything with us. There are always exceptions, of course, and I am sure not all chapters already know who they will be taking though. Some chapters definitely end up picking up a few very surprising sophomores- Theta and Pi Phi both end up with some sophomore surprises every year for sure.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.