facebook

rec letters

by:    

I signed up with my local Panhellenic and they don't 100% guarantee rec letters but they tell you they will try to obtain some for you. Will I still be okay for rush? (As in not being cut by most after day 1).

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Should be okay.

By: You

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

You will only be ok if you had them sent in for you. Youre going to be dropped by those chapters if nothing came in. You will never know why though.

Here's something else no one qill tell you: random rec letters for information only from strangers don't hold anywhere near the amount of weight as those from people who really know you. They're better than nothing but not that impressive. You should have tried a lot harder to find members who really know you honestly.

By: Well
by: oh   

Thanks for being honest, so i truly only have a shot at lower tiers then?

By: oh
by: Answer   

No, don't go in thinking like that. Look your best, dazzle the girls, be confident, and if they like you, which they will, they will only care that you have a rec. The person ahead of me is correct in general, but it's not a hard fast rule. Set your goals high and see what happens.

By: Answer
by: Delilah   

Sort of. You just need to do your best. I would really work your connections this week and see if you can dig up any sorority members in your circle like mom's friends, moms of your friends, teachers etc. to make sure you can't get a few from people who know you in at the last minute. It's late but still worth a shot.

By: Delilah
by: Yes   

Delilah is right. Many girls have gotten is sororities they like through last minute recs. Sometimes it's simply because it's a good fit between PNM and sorority and they will take the late rec if they want you. Good luck!

By: Yes
by: ^^^^^   

Agree. If you don't have a rec then you likely won't get beyond open house with that sorority so they won't have the opportunity to get to know you to get a bid. 25 minutes just isn't enough for most groups to take a chance on an unknown versus someone they already know and can be vouched for. SO GET SOME FOR SURE RECS THIS WEEK!!!!! Use facebook. Get on the phone and call everyone you know. This isn't a joke or a "maybe you should." It's critical to having the best recruitment possible.

By: ^^^^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.