facebook

rec letters

by:    

Im from the north and couldn't find letters of rec for some sororities that aren't popular up there. Is there still a chance I could get a bid from those sororities?

Posted By: UT
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No. You're going to be dropped first round without them. Sorry.

By: Sorry
#2by:    

the case

By: I wish that wasn't

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

You should have contacted the Sorority's Panhellenic Council

By: ^
#4by:    

Even if you are outgoing, intelligent, and attractive?

By: Even
by: That   

Doesn't make you stand out at all. You're screwed, especially if the chapters you have recs for are the more competitive ones. Since you're unknown you'll be dropped pretty quickly there too.

By: That
#5by:    

That helps too

By: UT
#6by:    

Everyone going through rush is outgoing, intelligent and attractive (for the most part). Recs are required. You will be releaseed without them.

By: required
by: I know   

some girls who've gotten bids to certain places without recs, although it's not common.

By: I know
by: Bqm   

To the bottom houses that most people would rather die than get a bid from though.

By: Bqm
#7by:    

how much do recs matter when it comes time for rush and after meeting the girls?

By: im wondering
by: uhhhh   

The simple fact that you have a rec will matter. A house will get every single girl going through recruitment on open house, and it's very easy to simply cut the people who didn't have recs. It's more of a check the box type thing, but still important.

By: uhhhh
by: The Truth   

Having a rec will not automatically get you invited to the second round but NOT having a rec means you will automatically be cut after open house.

By: The Truth
by: Listen   

Don't argue...I wonder if you should go round up some recs and have them sent even if it's late. Don't go through UT rush without them. This school is different than others.

By: Listen
#8by:    

Is it like that for all Texas schools?

By: Hmm...
by: Tiffany   

Not quite so bad but at most of them you will definitely need a rec to advance with the more competitive houses and it really helps with all chapters.

By: Tiffany
by: Yes   

Just get them. Don't be shy about asking. Every lady I know is more than happy to write a rec for her sorority. Get your mom or another lady to help you out. You can fix it now -- during rush week it will be too late. Oh, and -- work fast. Time is running out.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.