facebook

houses

by:    

which fraternity has the best house? Is anyone on the verge of losing theirs? I hear things about Omicron, but I don't want to rush them if they're gonna lose their house

Posted By: Rushee
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

They lost their suit to KA National which means they don't own the house. Their gone.

By: omicron isdead
by: Rushee   

dang ... when are they getting kicked off?

By: Rushee
by: ^   

Omicron has a very nice house, but I would say it's not as big as any of the top 4's houses I don't think. Omicron isn't getting kicked off, they're just kicked out of their house, but why would you want to join Omicron so much anyway?

By: ^
by: Rushee   

It's not that I want to join them. I had an uncle who was KA in the 80's, so I was just curious. Shame what's happened with the rogue split and all, I wonder if KA is going to try and recolonize soon and keep the house.

By: Rushee
by: Oh okay   

I get why someone would want to join the old KA chapter, but Omicron was a local group in a lawsuit who were pretty much certainly not going to be able to reconcile with their nationals (they almost did last year, but their nationals pulled a fast one and decided they were still going to suspend them for two years).

By: Oh okay
by: bub   

Can someone explain why Kappa Sig’s house is mentioned with Fiji’s, SAE’s or Sig Ep’s? I’m in none of those fraternities, but to me the latter three are far and away more impressive. Now if Kappa Sig’s house was like their Lodge, it would be in the conversation (except that the lodge’s foundation is sliding down the hill due to poor contracting)

By: bub

Because Kappa Sig's house/lodge/property is the only other one except maybe the vacant(?) KA house that compares in size and what not. I agree that it's not as impressive to look at as the other 3 houses, but they seem to have a great setup for parties, a lot of property, and the nice new lodge.

by: Oh    

I'd throw in ZBT too probably. They've got a big house with a pool that all the top tier fraternities like to co-host parties at. Definitely one of the best on campus.

By: Oh
#2by:    

Couldn't Omicron's alumni just build/get another house

By: Their future?
#3by:    

are SAE, Fiji, Sig Ep, Kappa Sig, and the KA house, which is apparently going to be vacant until they come back. My personal favorites are SAE and Sig Ep's just on appearance.

By: Best physical houses
#4by:    

isn't DKE getting omicrons house?

By: frat

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: No   

DKE doesn't even exist currently, so I'm pretty damn sure their colony isn't going to get that house, not a clue where that rumor came from. I have heard fairly directly that KA nationals are not selling or even leasing the house cause they plan to recolonize in a year or two.

By: No
by: No   

Not to mention that probably half-a-dozen different fraternities with actual current members were looking at trying to get that house if Omicron lost the lawsuit. I'd say that this DKE rumor is pure fiction.

By: No
by: Either   

KA keeps it or sells it the highest bidder, which will be a big real estate developer. A fraternity won't touch that house unless KA wants to rent it

By: Either
#5by:    

Fiji is starting a $5 million renovation/add on to their existing house. I think Omicron might get to keep their house because local KA alums own it (but I'm not 100% sure of that). I know they got a good pledge class last Fall as Omicrons though.

By: UT Girl

If local KA alumni owned the house, they would have won the lawsuit. KA's nationals own it as of the verdict of the case, and they're apparently reestablishing soon, so technically yes KA is keeping their house.

#6by:    

The Fiji house is a beautiful historical mansion that is about to get a $6 million renovation and the SAE house is a beautiful Austin stone mansion. They are the best.

By: Reality!
by: Buen retiro   

Is in serious need of remodeling. Sae's house is currently "nicer" because it's newer. However when the fijis complete the renovations/additions there will be no comparisons in the near future, not even kappa sigma's new house plans. Keith Fiji you will have both the historic mansion and the best money can get with the addition.

By: Buen retiro
by: Fiji's   

House, once the addition is completed and connected is supposedly going to be the largest in the nation, surpassing the monster Pike and ZBT houses at Florida State.

By: Fiji's
by: Honest   

I heard that too.

By: Honest
by: Honest   

I heard that too.

By: Honest
#7by:    

SigEp's house is physically the best.

By: lol
by: Yeah   

I think it looks the best too.

By: Yeah
#8by:    

Omicron didn't lose the lawsuit. They are keeping the house.

By: Omicrons House
by: Omicron   

Did lose the lawsuit, and no they're not.

By: Omicron
#9by:    

No I'm pretty sure that they won the lawsuit establishing the title as the Texas alumni's. Mainly because today was the alumni's vote about whether or not the omicrons could keep the house and omicron won 772 to 88.

By: Omicrons House

No. The texas omicron fraternity lost. The omicron chapter of kao won. There's a distinction there.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.