facebook

going to ut in the fall

by:    

Hello, I am transferring to the University of Texas in the fall of 2013 to attempt to acquire my PHD. I am 28 years old and just got my masters degree. Is it possible for me to join a fraternity? I have not been in one yet and I am a legacy for Delta Tau Delta, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sigma, and Sigma Alpha Mu. I don't know if I am able to join a fraternity but if so which are the best for a guy like me :) and are any of these fraternities that I am a legacy good at UT? Please let me know and thank you for your time. I would truly appreciate some feed back if possible.
Good Day.

-Gregory Alexander Lewis

Posted By: Gregory
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Yeah, I'd avoid the mixers with true freshman, but it's worth a shot. Not many PhD students even stay in their chapters after undergrad, but you could still get plenty out of it. I'd recommend emailing the rush chairs for those fraternities (found on their respective websites)

By: guy
#2by:    

before.

I know for my fraternity you have to be an undergraduate student (I could be wrong), so....

with that said maybe try groups that are not fraternities, but serve the same purpose, socially... Tejas Club Wranglers etc. I just don't know what their rules are so I can't say for certain

and of course if you are a legacy at some houses it's not like these guys will not hang out with you if you are someone they like hanging out with.

By: Never saw this one

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I'm pretty sure most if not all fraternities require you to be an undergrad, as per national regulations.

By: Guy
#4by:    

yeah

By: SAE
#5by:    

Seriously why would a decent fraternity want pepaw hanging around? Why would someone as old as you are and getting a PhD have any interest in hanging with your fellow 18 year old pledges? This has to be a joke post because no one real would sign their name like that.

By: Riiiiight
#6by:    

Don't

By: No
#7by:    

grow up

By: strange

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.