facebook

university of texas at austin sorority reputations

by:    

Okay so here are the real sorority rankings at UT Austin IMO

Upper Top Tier: Theta, Pi Phi, Kappa (aka PKT)

Theta: IMO best pledge class. Overall Theta competes with Pi Phi and Kappa (less with Kappa in the past couple of years with their suspension for hazing and having to snap bid like twenty five girls a few years back). Very beautiful girls (not as beautiful as Zeta but honestly any Zeta would have taken a Theta bid over Zeta). Almost impossible to get into unless you know a ton of girls in the chapter, are beautiful, and from an affluent neighborhood. Terrible physical house.

Pi Phi: Their PC’18 had some snap bids and it seemed like this year girls prefered Zeta and Chi O above Pi Phi. Still a top tier house that’s almost impossible to get into. Very beautiful physical house and girls. Again, to get in you need to know people, be beautiful, and be from the right areas.

-Drop-

Kappa: Had a better pledge class than Pi Phi this year. Still has a ways to go to get back on Theta’s and Pi Phi’s level that it was on ten years ago. IMO I don’t think they will ever be quite on the same level as Theta and Pi Phi again. Care about money, looks, and highschool GPA.

Top Tier: Zeta, Chi-O

Zeta: Amazing pledge class this year. Zeta’s PC’18 is not even in the same league as Chi-O and DDD. Very beautiful girls and their house is the best IMO. Zeta only cares about looks. Also they have the majority of UT cheerleaders. IMO they will surpass Kappa in the next few years and it will be PZT.

Chi-O: A lot of girls seemed to prefer Chi-O to Pi Phi and Kappa. However Zeta still got a better pledge class and Chi-O isn’t on the same level as PKT. IMO they will stay around this ranking for awhile.

Lower Top Tier: Tri Delt

Tri-Delt: This year’s pledge class put DDD from Top Tier to Lower Top Tier. PC’18 preferred all the sororities above. Still, I don’t think DDD will leave top tier anytime soon. Focuses a lot more on GPA than the houses above (you still have to be beautiful to get in).

Upper Middle Tier: Alpha Phi

Alpha Phi: Ten years ago A Phi was on the same level as ADPi and KD. However something happened and over the past few years they did a 180. Their PC’18 is incredible. IMO they will surpass DDD in the next few years.

Lower Middle Tier: AChiO, DG

Alpha Chi Omega: Used to be almost in the top six. Every one of their pledge classes is worse than the last. Don’t know what’s happening to them, but they aren’t what they used to be and are going down fast. Don’t have to be pretty to get in.

-Drop-

Delta Gamma: Ten years ago they were a lot stronger of a house than they are now. I feel bad talking negatively about them because I’ve never met a DG that I didn’t like. Very nice/smart girls. Focuses almost only on GPA.If they focused a little less on GPA and more on looks they would def go up.

Upper Bottom Tier: AXiD

AXiD: Seven years ago they were the worst sorority. However their PC’18 was better than AChiO’s,DG’s,KD’s, and ADPi’s. Don’t know much about them but from what I hear they’ve been on the rise for the past few years. IMO will join middle tier in the next few years.

Bottom Tier: KD, ADPi

Kappa Delta: Was a bottom tier. Is a bottom tier. Will always be a bottom tier. Don’t know much about them. The only reason a girl wants to join KD is because ADPi is her other choice.

ADPi: Don’t know much about them either besides for their philanthropy they make pancakes.I don't predict them changing anytime soon.

Posted By: UT Student
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Tri delt is just Meh. Mediocre Texas girls are without the money to get into PKT but enough connections from H S to get into middle tier. Honestly, the OOS girls without the Texas Connections are better looking and more interesting.

By: Mel
by: @Mel   

The change has been so subtle all but now that you mention it, I agree with everything you said!

By: @Mel
#12by:    

I have friends in many of the sororities. The ChiO girl says there are a lot of wierdos who lack social skills And the DG girls say the girls are great and they go to a lot of frat parties. The AChiO girls live their sorority.

By: Cat
#13by:    

achio definitely fell this year, probably to around the tier dg had been previously. adpi and dg both fell a little bit, and kd and axid are both making positive strides to the top of “bottom” tier. aphi is definitely ahead of tri delt this year IMO.

By: eh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#14by:    

I’m definitely not saying looks are everything but Tri Delta has dropped in attractiveness. Just look at their Insta stories.

I think girls would still be happy to receive a bid from them because they still have a great name but a few more years of lackluster recruiting and they will fall to mid tier permanently.

They take themselves out of the running for a lot of girls that rush PKT because they drop them on early, thinking they can’t get them. These quality girls go elsewhere and Tri Delta is on the losing end. They’re trending towards country girls anyway.

By: Ruckus
by: Agree   

Alpha Phi got a ton of girls Tri Delt dropped because they assumed they were going PKT so dropped them. Tri Delt let a lot of girls go who would have been great in their chapter. They were trying to recruit like Chi o and they just can’t. Frankly, they didnt compete with zeta either. They need to find their own niche and quit thinking they are great enough to drop so many really good girls. Alpha phi, zeta, and Chi O all did better.

By: Agree
by: @Agree   

DDD has had that YL country vibe all along but at least they were attractive. some of the older class still looks good but the newer girls are so unimpressive.

BTW, did anyone realize that Pi Phi gave out snap bids this year? They did!

By: @Agree
#15by:    

I mostly agree with the original post, however if you stripped off the house names during rush, it would be very difficult to tell the difference between the majority of the sororities.

By: UT
by: Ruckus   

Surely you jest. The sororitys absolutely all do look different. Some look better than others in a nominal way and others in a big way. I can tell a PKT group photo from a KD group photo in a second.

It's not just looks, but who they know and how social they are, too.

By: Ruckus
#16by:    

Axo stole girls that Zeta and Tridelt wanted, and got a lot of APhi's top girls. Don't downgrade axo just because they don't self promote much!

By: ):
by: ???   

it's well established tht alpha chi's pc 18 sucked.

By: ???
by: B   

AXOs class was even worse than DDDs.

By: B

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.