facebook

national strength

by:    

someone posted about national tiers on here before...i found out which groups have closed the least percentage of chapters and here's the top 10...
KKG, KAT, DDD, XO, DG, ZTA, APhi, GPB, ADPi, AXO

I know PNMs don't care about this stuff but it is different from the top 10 posted earlier

Posted By: interesting
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

And 9 of them just happen to be at UT. Goes to show quality of these sororities!

By: Not Surprising
#2by:    

don't we have GPB here? were they ever here?

By: why

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes   

I know they were here I'm the sixties or seventies. They were good.

By: Yes
by: I    

wonder what happened to them

By: I
#3by:    

Gamma Phi was at Texas and closed its chapter in 1985 due to not making quota for many years. They are a top Midwest-West Coast sorority.

By: MCP
by: Wrong   

Their headquarters closed them down due to risk management issues

By: Wrong
by: Pan   

I hope SDT does well so we can bring back Gamma Phi

By: Pan
#4by:    

They can say it was risk mgmt issues but Gamma Phi nationals were tired of the chapter not making quota and their campus image, they wanted to sell the house, it was prime location, and focus on higher performing chapters. The Dean of Women at UT told them they were making a mistake, and that the chapter had great girls, and that if they closed the chapter it would be impossible to come back on campus. Gamma Phi gave up on their UT Chapter.

By: BCS
by: Was There   

You have no idea what you're talking about.

By: Was There
#5by:    

GPB has closed at many schools in Texas but they seem to be doing better recently--maybe one day they'll be back

By: well
by: They   

do seem to have made a come-back.

By: They
#6by:    

By: interesting
#7by:    

big 6 matters wat

By: duh
#8by:    

My mom was an APhi at TCU. She could have pledged many other chapters but loved the idea of being part of something new. Unfortunately, after a good start, the chapter started pledging the wrong kinds of girls and developed an image problem. The chapter closed and my mom always hated not having a chapter to work with in FT. Worth. However, Aphi is getting stronger at Tech and here, and much stronger at UNT. Gamma Phi reminds me of APhi. Strong nationals spending a great deal of time, money and national leadership to start very successful new chapters. I wish both sororities much luck. Hopefully they will continue to grow in Texas and throughout the south. I would say the original post certainly reflects what I believe to be 10 strong national groups!

By: Interesting
by: I    

agree--I'm not an APhi but I know they are huge on the west coast. They're opening several chapters in the South and I wish them best of luck.

By: I
by: Agree   

APhi and GPB are very similar, even founded at the same school. They are very strong nationally, and Texas/south have not been historically their niche. They are both in big growth mode right now. I think GPB would be the most logical choice at UT if we were ever to add another sorority.

By: Agree
by: Agree   

Gamma Phi just returned to Texas State.

By: Agree
#9by:    

It will be very expensive for any sorority to start up at Texas. Real Estate around campus is expensive to build the quality sorority house that could even try to compete with the majority of chapters on campus.

By: good luck
by: I agree   

Gamma Phi would be the next logical group to come on campus. Other big groups are going on expensive campuses too these days like Bama, LSU and Ol Miss so maybe Gamma Phi WILL come here

By: I agree
#10by:    

Real Estate in Austin much higher than any of those towns, any sorority will have to be able to sink 5mill to get lot and build minimum cost by UT campus,

By: ZTA delusion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.