facebook

sorority reputation/stereotype

by: Potential

I know I shouldn't over generalize and go into rush open minded, but I still think it's important to know the general reputation/stereotype of each sorority to get an idea where I might fit in best. So, what are the over reputations/stereotypes associated with each sorority here?

Posted By: Potential
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Just the facts   

Pi Phi, Kappa, Theta (PKT) - Very exclusive and hard to get into. Focus on old money, having gone to the right camps and being from the right areas. If you have a chance with these groups, you probably already know it.
Tri Delt - pretty hard to get into at UT. Most girls I know got cut from them. Mostly cute/pretty, lots of Christian girls. Good connections needed.
Chi O - also pretty exclusive here. Lots of Young Life girls. Again, good connections help.
Zeta - Focus on looks, looks, looks! Helps if you are/were a pageant queen, homecoming queen or prom queen. Lots of cheer/dance girls too. Lots of talk about their reputation on here, but the ones I know aren't like that.
A Chi O - Mostly pretty girls who couldn't get into the Big 6.
A Phi - They used to struggle at UT, but their rep is changing. A bit more selective now. Focus on pretty/rich girls who got dropped from Big 6.
DG - Has their share of cute/pretty girls, but model looks not required to get in. Lots of smart suburban girls.
KD - Nice girls
ADPi - not a favorite for most girls during rush, tbh. But most seem happy here after they pledge.
AXiD - Easier to get into and a little smaller, but they do have their share of cute girls. Just shows the overall quality of sorority girls at UT!
SDT - No longer participates in formal rush. Just not competitive here.

By: Just the facts
by: TbhApr 15, 2017 8:22:36 PM

PKT. Are a mixed bag personality wise. Some ok but some just cruising by on their connections and are really not very nice or interesting. Chi o has some reputation issues. DDD ok but also has some reputation issues and lets not even get started on Zeta and their horrendous rep.

By: Tbh
by: wowApr 15, 2017 10:05:44 PM

this is really perfect.

By: wow
by: questionJun 24, 2017 12:13:30 PM

Question - why is aephi always skipped over on this site? Are they even more irrelevant thant AXid and SDT? Because even those two houses got mentioned by not aephi.

By: question
by: GDI/New Greek MomSep 7, 2017 7:04:16 PM

Thanks so much for the positive comments! ALL girls work very hard to achieve a bid at UT. Some havevit handed to them, but to whom much has been given, much will be expected in return. Others do the best they can given their personal circumstances. In the end, they are ALL someone's daughter and deserve to be loved and treated with genuine respect, especially rom the greek community itself. For goodness sakes, it's UT Austin! Hook 'me Horns!

By: GDI/New Greek Mom
by: aggielonghorn🤔May 3, 2019 1:58:31 PM

ok...WHATS PKT???
U SAY THETA...BUT THETA IS KAPPA ALPHA THETA...the very best sorority in the nation...have NO CLUE WHAT PKT IS.

By: aggielonghorn🤔
by: please help meMay 7, 2019 2:21:02 PM

I clearly don't go here... but when you guys say camps... what do you mean? Summer camps?

By: please help me
by: summer campsMay 7, 2019 6:13:23 PM

Yes to your question. They are summer camps (Mystic, Waldemar, and lately Longhorn)

By: summer camps
by: ^^^May 11, 2019 8:51:22 PM

Yes

By: ^^^
by: Almost rightMay 15, 2019 5:28:48 PM

Update 2019:
Aphi has passed AXO, ADPi has passed KD

By: Almost right
by: FredFeb 4, 2020 11:28:35 AM

A tri delt def wrote this

By: Fred
by: rbhOct 17, 2022 1:10:53 PM

theory: the only people who post on this site are either members of 'pkt' desperately hoping to perpetuate their self-inflated 'rank,' or zetas who want to (for some reason) perpetuate the idea that they are 'all about looks.'

take a few minutes and scroll through the posts and responses--you'll see that i'm right.

By: rbh
#2  by: srsly   

go top 9 and you'll be good:

PKT
DDD
ChiO
Zeta
Alpha Chi/Alpha Phi
DG

By: srsly
by: SeriouslyApr 17, 2017 5:08:28 PM

I wouldn't put DG on that list. They belong down with KD and ADPi. The three houses you settle for when your only other option is AXD or GDI.

By: Seriously
by: Top 9Apr 17, 2017 7:50:40 PM

DG definitely belongs on that top 9 list. They have some cute, even beautiful girls. They are strong nationally and at other Texas schools where it matters (A&M, TCU, etc). They have SS sweethearts and mix with some decent frats. DG is actually pretty selective during rush. Lots of girls I know didn't get invited back.

By: Top 9
by: LolApr 18, 2017 3:39:12 PM

No top tier fraternity would put DG on that list. They hangout with Pike and ATO

By: Lol
by: EhApr 18, 2017 4:40:45 PM

Knock tri delt to below chi o and zeta and it'll be good

By: Eh
by: @LolJun 24, 2017 12:35:44 PM

AXiD hangs out with Pike/ATO lol

By: @Lol
by: GDI/New Greek MomSep 7, 2017 7:40:46 PM

Go Top 13 and you'll be fine! I know many KD , ADPi and AXD Alumnae who are doing more than fine! And many of them are better off than their 'Top 9' Sisters! TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED!

by: GDI/New Greek MomSep 7, 2017 8:31:44 PM

Go Top 13 and you'll be fine! I know many KD , ADPi and AXD Alumnae who are doing more than fine! And many of them are better off than their 'Top 9' Sisters! TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED!

#3  by: Transition    

DG is the transition Sorority between real good and meh.
KD and ADPi are lower tier but they are a lot better than AXi D

By: Transition
by: thissss ^^^^^Apr 18, 2017 4:52:50 PM

very well put. very true.

By: thissss ^^^^^
#4  by: Transition    

DG is the transition Sorority between real good and meh.
KD and ADPi are lower tier but they are a lot better than AXi D

By: Transition
by: thissss ^^^^^Apr 18, 2017 4:53:49 PM

I meant this. This is very true. very accurate.

By: thissss ^^^^^
#5  by: @top 9   

you're right, if you have spurs sweethearts that means you're A desirable house, even though this last batch of DG Silverspur sweethearts is very sketchy.

Sorry KD, ADPi, AZD, SDT.

By: @top 9
by: whatzupJun 2, 2017 1:39:40 PM

KD has a silver spurs sweetheart more on par with DG. All the girls that rushed this year with me picked KD over DG

By: whatzup
#6  by: J   

The difference between chi o and tri delt is that chi o has a lot more city girls, whereas tri delts tend to be from small towns or the burbs

By: J
#7  by: PPL   

Unless things have really changed, PKT (Pi Phi, Kappa, or Theta) are basically the only sororities with any real "prestige." Not that that's why you should pick one... They also happen to be great people, inside and out.

Bias note: I'm a Pi Phi.

By: PPL
by: 18Jun 2, 2017 1:56:29 PM

From my view, UT greek life has prestige at certain levels, like from DG on up on the sorority side. Within that, PKT has the most prestige.

I keep hearing it over and over: top 9 or re rush.

By: 18
#8  by: Huh    

I just happened on Greekrank. Recent alum 2008 grad , when did ADPi begin to slip? Back in the day they were equal to DG and better than Alpha Phi and much better than KD.

By: Huh
by: True... Jun 20, 2017 8:35:29 PM

... It's been a LONG time but ADPi used to be ranked much better. It's not relevant now. They did fall -- a lot

AXO/ADPi
DG
APhi
KD
AXD

By: True...
by: @trueJun 20, 2017 11:26:26 PM

nice one, trying to put adpi up w/ axo. We all know better (and so do you!).

Here it is:
piphi, kappa, theta
ddd, chio
zeta
axo/aphi
dg
kd/adpi
sdt

By: @true
#9  by: ^^^^Go Away Oldie   

ADPi and KD have sucked forever. Bottom of barrel and embarrassing. The girls are leftovers and weird. DG took a dive awhile back. AXO and Alpha Phi have been working their self up since 2010 or so.

PS only a ADPi Alum on Greekrank would think they were ever in the running of any listed above. So go away and find something useful to do in your old age.

By: ^^^^Go Away Oldie
by: ^^^^^Jun 20, 2017 11:28:04 PM

TRUTH!

By: ^^^^^
by: @goawayoldieJun 24, 2017 8:58:13 PM

That's not true. My brother was here 10 years ago and says ADPi was barely under Zeta then. They have fallen so much it's embarrassing but it's true they were way up there at one point.

By: @goawayoldie
by: GDI/New Greek MomSep 7, 2017 10:15:46 PM

Should be 'working themselves up'.....not 'their self'!
Speaks for yourself!

by: Blue DiamondsNov 3, 2018 9:33:41 AM

Slack off ADPi. It was just below Zeta Forever (hasn't sucked forever) until about 10-15 years ago (and been here since 1906). I don't know what happened, because I wasn't here then, but WE WILL RISE AGAIN !!!

By: Blue Diamonds
#10  by: APhi and ADPi   

Frankly APhi has risen as ADPi and DG have declined. It's that simple.

By: APhi and ADPi
by: TrueSep 7, 2017 9:45:40 PM

This is true. The only changes in forever at UT are exactly that:

APhi up
DG down
ADPi way down

By: True
by: WellSep 8, 2017 3:35:03 AM

Tiers with the UT system have remained the same except for Alpha Phi, DG and ADPi

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.