by:    

University of Wisconsin - UW General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 38 of 108
#371by:    

you should look at ALL the houses, duh.

By: re: unbiased
#372by:    

look at all the houses during rush. i never knew about this site until after i rushed; some things about houses are spot on and others are completely off base. see which house feels right to you... otherwise you're going to risk feeling out of place and potentially dropping. There's a house for everyone, and you may like a house that wasn't the one you originally wanted.

By: re: unbiased
#373by:    

when you go through rush, you'll be able to make your own judgments as to where you'll fit. this site is somewhat accurate in terms of rankings, but there are also a lot of lies posted on each house's pages. In all truthfulness, each sorority at Wisconsin has a lot to offer, and each has their strengths. We're lucky to have a greek system that doesn't have any really bad houses.

By: re:unbiased
#374by:    

you'll know exactly what is right for you during rush! don't stress about it now, just go with the flow! go in with no judgements and you'll leave with no regrets. my suggestion is to pick the house based on the girls that you would see yourself being friends with even if they weren't in your sorority, but that you'd be friends with if you met them through another friend or through class or something.

By: greek love!
#375by:    

Idk about you guys, but I'm getting really sick of all these comments claiming a certain house should be "above" another, or that such and such house is way "below" another house. Each house is soo incredibly different it is impossible to compare them like that. Rush is coming up, and do we really want this image of fighting and disunity? It's ok to rank and give an opinion, but when you claim that one house is better it's like you're saying that that house isn't even worth being in, and that makes us all look bad.

By: equal
#376by:    

i just want to add: you may not know what house is right for you right away, i certainly didn't until pref rounds. also, you may think a house is perfect for you but they may not feel the same way, so if you get cut from your dream house don't get discouraged give the houses that did want you a chance.

By: re: greek love
#377by:    

your post sounds pretty hypocritical. it's okay to rank but not say one house is better or should be above another? that's what ranking is.

By: re: equal
#378by:    

I get what equal is talking about. I saw a comment discussing DDD and AEphi. I mean those are like the exact polar opposites of the greek system. Whose to say which one is better? They appeal to such different girls that it's impossible to compare. Same with a comment I saw about Chio and Theta. Once again, sooo completely different. When you rate, you give your opinion on a sorority, not your opinion of which exact house is better

By: re:re:equal

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#379by:    

yeah, they are very different houses, which is why rating/ranking is kind of pointless. but by rating/ranking them a certain way you ARE saying which one is better, why should it make a difference how it is phrased? and either way it's still just the person's opinion- duh.

By: re: re: equal
#380by:    

Thank you for all your advice! I was definitely getting a little worried when I was reading some of the things girls were writing about each house! For me being in a sorority is about making great friendships, connecting with the school, other students, showing school spirit at games and contributing to the community! I hope to find a great sorority with girls that share the same ideas- and hopefully they'll want me to be a sister!

By: Unbiased

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.