facebook

sorority comments

by:    

University of Wisconsin - UW General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 33 of 108
#321by:    

the greek system at UW used to be a LOT bigger. i wonder what happened that caused it to become relatively small.

By: re: panel...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#322by:    

our sorority advisor told us it was becuase of the greek system being less popular nationally in the 70s and then agian in the 90s. She said a lot of houses closed in the 70s and then another wave of sorority closings in the 90s.

I think that all the houses need to boost eachother up so that everyone is full enough for there to be a house added. having another house seems to be like nothing but a good thing for everyone. They will have no stereotype to hurt them, and I think that will help to get women who want all the good parts of a sorority and be indifferent to the things like popularity, prestige, etc.

By: advisor
#323by:    

Hi! Just found this site. I am an alum from the'90's. Actually, only one house closed in the 90's: Alpha Xi Delta. I believe it closed in '95 or '96. Before that, Alpha Gamma Delta closed in '87. Wisconsin is sorta atypical in that it actually only had 2 houses close in the '70's. So, your advisor was misinformed.

By: re:advisor
#324by:    

I'm signed up for fall rush...how accurate are these rankings? I'm going to try to keep an open-mind while rushing, but I would like to be informed as possible (and that includes gossip)

By: hi
#325by:    

well the rankings on the SIDE are pointless for the most part because it's just the average of people from the sorority giving themselves all 5's and people from other sororities giving them all 1's. people have given tier-type rankings if you keep reading back several pages.

By: re: hi
#326by:    

Welcome! I'm glad that you've decided to rush. There's truly a house for every girl, and really every sorority is relatively strong (high #'s, involved). It's hard to escape the rumors, gossip and tiers, though. Basically, IMO (which is probably different from others), the tiers go like this (in no particular order):

Tier 1: GPhi, Kappa, DG, AChiO
Tier 2: PiPhi, AEPhi, ChiO, APhi
Tier 3: Theta, SDT, TriDelt

By: re: re: hi
#327by:    

Gamma Phi
Kappa
DG
AXO/Pi Phi
ChiO/AEPhi
KAT/APhi/SDT
DDD

By: re: re: re: hi
#328by:    

g phi
kappa/dg
axo/pi phi
chi o/aephi
a pi/theta
sdt/tri delt

By: re:re:re:re: hi
#329by:    

totally agree

By: re: below
#330by:    

AXO can you please try and have some decency and quit spamming the rankings for the other houses? it's so weird and annoying

By: okayy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.