facebook

sorority comments

by:    

University of Wisconsin - UW General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 32 of 108
#311by:    

definitely a coastie, probably in AEPhi, NO WAY SDT is that high! no one wants to be in it, Theta should be at worst number 9

By: re:re: real rankings
#312by:    

1. GPhi
2. DG
3. Kappa/AXO
4.PiPhi/ChiO
5. APhi/Theta/AEPhi
6. SDT/Tridelt
This is how the houses tend to be ranked by people, although all the houses are very different and attract and take very different people from the other houses. True, many women could fit into several houses, but the houses are very precise in who they give bids to.

By: REAL rankings
#313by:    

axo and kappa are not on the same level... if anything, axo should be on the same level as dg. also, chi o and pi phi are nowhere near the same houses. no way.

By: no way.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#314by:    

I think that pi phi and chio, although made up of totally different girls, are probably pretty even on popularity...although pi phi might edge out chio. kappa, however, is DEFINITELY above AXO and DG. DG and AXO are sorta similar, though.

By: almost right
#315by:    

ALL the houses are very precise in who they want and only give bids to a few people. Even the "worst" houses (who I won't name) are very select in who they want and will NOT just take people. Believe me I have seen them cut people and I was shocked too!

By: agreed
#316by:    

you're totally right. We always forget how many girls rush compared to how many the houses take. There were something like 700 girls this fall if I remember correctly, and if each house on average take 40, thats alot of girls who don't make the cut. I know alot of girls dropped during rush, but I also know that there were girls in my rush group who didn't get a bid anywhrere

By: re:agreed
#317by:    

why are you so obsessed with adding another house? are you the one who asked the question about it awhile back? i take it you have NO idea how the expansion process works.

By: re: and
#318by:    

Panhel really ought to make those figures available to the sorority members. It seems like they are always hiding stuff and they get so defensive too. No one wants to attack them, I think that everyone at UW would just like to help make greek life more popular and accessible. That would only make panhel look better too.

I am confused as to what the thing below this post means.

although I didn't ask about the expansion process I know that all the houses have to be at quota and then there is some process with panhel and the office of greek life to pick one, and then the university has to approve that chosen house or something like that. What's wrong with adding a house? wouldn't that be good for everyone? I think fewer people would drop out if there were more options maybe? It would be nothing bad to grow our greek system though, at least I don't think so?

By: panhel rush stats
#319by:    

i think most of the girls who drop out do because they are cut by what they perceive to be the popular or desirable houses so having more options alone wouldn't necessarily solve that problem

By: re: panhel rush stat
#320by:    

I would like to see the greek system grow, as well. I think think it would be great to bring back a sorority that was previously on campus. Expansion might help to make the system stronger, and bring all the sororities together in support of one cause. Plus, another house that has NO REPUTATION might be an asset in that it would give rushees another option---especially those that are thinking of dropping because they got cut from a "top" house.

By: re: panel...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.