facebook

question

by:    

People make such a big deal of Kappa on this site. They make it sound like they are THE house and is EVERY girl's TOP pick with all other houses coming in second.

Do people ever put Kappa as their second choice? Is it totally unheard of to pick another house over them?

Posted By: Freshman PNM
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

No

By: Uh
#2by:    

Ya unless they like their experience gphi it depends on the person. Or if they have a religious affiliation that makes them go elsewhere

By: Xxx

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

hahaha, get off that high horse kappa

Girls shoot for the top tier (Kappa, GPhi DG--In no order), unless there are extenuating circumstances. If they only get a bid to one top house, they generally take that bid. If they get more than one top house, then people choose based on who they like the best

By: nah
by: Or   

Girls usually pick kappa or axo first! Or gphi too sometimes

By: Or
by: K   

Yeah usually PNMs have a hard time choosing between kappa and alpha chi omega for first

By: K
by: I wonder   

If girls tend to put Kappa or AXO first, or if they have such a hard time deciding between the 2 houses, then why isn't AXO in the top tier with kappa, gphi&dg?

By: I wonder
by: Badger   

They don't that was an axo clearly trying to make themselves sound in line with kappa and the top tier...

By: Badger
#4by:    

I know plenty of GPhis, DGs and AXOs who put their house first BEFORE Kappa. So don't listen to the BS on this site.

Trust your instincts, go where you feel most comfortable and don't pref a house based on other people's opinions or perceptions. You're the one that has to live with the decision.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!

By: Seriously.....
by: Badger   

K axo and dg

By: Badger
by: True colors   

Whoa AXO, thought you we're suppose to be so chill and not this insecure. Two exaggerated posts about your status within the last hour?

Good to see your true colors show.

By: True colors
by: uh.   

the comments to this post though.. girls DO rank other sororities above kappa regardless of what kappa wants to think.. just shows how arrogant they really can be..

By: uh.
#5by:    

When I went through recruitment I did not know this website existed and I did not know about any rankings. So I guess you could say I went through recruitment the way they say you are "supposed to", without preconceived ideas about each sorority. I ranked my top 3 based on my experience with the girls in the sorority, my personal impression of them when I met them, how they interacted with me and how I felt around them. And I have to say, all the sororities listed in the top tier on this website were NOT in my top 3. Kappa was not my number one (I'm not going to say if it was in my top 3 or not) and I also had a sorority that is listed as mid tier on this website in my top 3. I am now in one of the sororities listed in my top 3 and I am having fun and loving it.

By: well
by: YES   

^^^ This is how it should be.

By: YES
#6by:    

1) Kappa: Get. Over. Yourselves. People are NOT making a big deal about you on this site, at least not in a POSITIVE way. Basically every comment talks about what awful people you are, and 99% of the rankings have you listed 2nd, NOT 1st. This thread just proves how desperate you are, hoping that PNMs believe your hype.

2) AXO: Just stop it. It's pretty well-known that if girls have Gamma Phi, DG or Kappa in their pref houses along with AXO, AXO is NOT going to be first. Virtually everyone in my rush group that ended up in your sorority did NOT have you 1st on their pref card. Stop acting like you're better than APhi or PiPhi. You're all in the same tier (upper middle), it's personal preference as to who is ranked higher than the other.

By: for the love of
#7by:    

hey kkg---all you have to do is look at last year's pledge class. you clearly did not get all of your first picks. as a girl that's not in the houses mentioned (gphi, dg, axo, kkg)and rushed last year, i'd say that most of the girls i know that had those houses for pref picked gphi first or sometimes DG. kkg has a HUGE (negative) stigma attached to it, and pnms know that. of course the attractive girls with no personality tended to list kkg first---guessing it's because they don't really care about friendship/sisterhood and only want to be considered hot. good strategy if all you have is your looks.

By: embarrassing
#8by:    

i rushed last year and i know there were a lot of girls including me that ranked kappa at the very bottom... they're not all they're cracked up to be

By: lol
#9by:    

Good job Kappa! Your attempt to self-promote has basically back-fired.

By: Burn
#10by:    

I personally like kappas and have never had a rude encounter

By: Kind words

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.