facebook

up and coming small frats

by:    

Figured I'd change up the convo here... What small/new frats do you think are some of the best or most promising? Some of them could potentially be mentioned among the ones we usually talk about. Curious to hear what everyone's thoughts are since these should actually be unique opinions.

Posted By: buckaluck
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Delta Chi and Psi U are pretty decent. Pike doesn't suck tho. The fact they don't have a real house sucks, but a fraternity is more than a house. Plus, I've been to pretty fun small parties/game days/prebars there.

By: kinda
#2by:    

If you are unhoused, you are irrelevant and will continue to be until you get a house. Yeah, a "fraternity is more than a house" but you need a house participate in a lot of aspects of greek life.

DU and Aepi both have had to go without houses for a year or longer. Aepi was top tier and DU was THE top house. If top houses struggle with being unhoused, tiny houses trying to establish themselves are gonna struggle even more.

Pike is lower middle tier. The fact they don't have a real house prevents them from getting any further up

By: harsh
by: freshman   

What do you mean not real house?

By: freshman
by: their house   

their house isn't a fraternity house, only like 10 people can live in, it doesn't have a chapter room, there's no designated dining area or party space, it's just a glorified apartment

By: their house
by: freshman   

So it's just like a college house? Not a frat house?

By: freshman
by: kinda   

it's like an apartment building with 3 different 4 person appts or something, so it's designed to support 15 people. Most frat houses have 45-70 people living in them. It just doesn't have the amenities necessary

By: kinda
#3by:    

relevant houses:

ksig (nice house on the lake)
sae (big house on the lake, being renovated)
du (nice house on the lake, being renovated)
sig chi (biggest house on campus)
sig ep (nice new house)
fiji (nice house on the lake)
theta chi (nice new house whose construction will finish soon)
the lodge (beautiful lakefront house)
chi phi (meh house, physically on langdon)
aepi (they have johnny-os)
pike (no real house, do the best they can)

see any trends here...

By: think abt it
#4by:    

While some might laugh at them, a friend of mine from high school is in TDX and it sounds like they're starting to head in the right direction. They've had some sanctions put on them by the university but if they get off next year, they could be in store for a decent rush. Not to mention they're starting renovations on their house this summer to be done by fall of 2015, so they'd have, basically, a brand new house.

By: Honorable Mention
by: No   

They have like negative sorority connections

By: No
by: Nah   

That implies you guys were once something

By: Nah
by: other   

Based on this year's freshmen that said they were rushing both my frat and TDX, your underclassmen are hardly any different than your upper classmen.

By: other
#5by:    

Apparently TKE has made some major changes in their house, and ready to show a new side next fall. Hopefully there is something new to show.

By: IDK

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: noo   

I have not seen a single repair truck, construction vehicle or contractor at all anywhere near their property, so I would be surprised if they made significant improvements to their physical house

By: noo
by: well   

Unless you consider the construction of theta chi... but I think this guy is talking about internal changes.

By: well
#6by:    

Not the house physically, but they did a membership review etc.

By: Not the house
by: lol   

wouldn't that just drop their numbers and push them further into irrelevency

By: lol
#7by:    

It is my understanding that tke is attempting to be more than just a bunch of retarded drunks next year by becoming more involved in philanthropy events and greek life. I hear they kicked some of their weird members and are trying to be less weird.

By: bilderberggroup
by: no   

If they actually got rid of all their weird members there'd be noone left in TKE...

By: no
by: wow   

you're clearly a teke, and the fact that you use the word retarded shows how little these changes will have on the quality of your members. I bid you well.

By: wow
#8by:    

Just to clarify, Pike has 8 apartments and around 40 guys living in. They do the best with what they've got.

By: clarify
#9by:    

I had a boyfriend who was in TKE and I think they get way too much hate for what the seniors have done. That said they still need to step up next fall.

By: Too much hate
by: M   

A step up for them would be actually havinf a social with tridelt

By: M

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.