facebook

sorority rush

by:    

how selective is rush at wisconsin? do most girls get into their first choice sorority? are there a lot who get into their "last pick" or none at all?

Posted By: ty
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

it's pretty selective here. there were a lot of girls this year who didn't finish because they only had one pref round - with a sorority they didn't want. there were quite a few more who were dropped completely.

let's be honest here, unless you have recs or know someone in a chapter, you're kind of screwed.

By: reality
#2by:    

There's currently a supply/demand issue going on. Interest in Greek life is off the charts lately and the sororities can only take so many girls. That said, with so few chapters on campus (granted there is a new one is coming, Alpha Xi Delta), the internal makeup of each house can vary quite quickly from "top" to "bottom" of the social status and thus girls will feel truly connected to one or two houses as opposed to several as is the case at other schools. You should probably be very nervous.

By: well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Um, no   

There is no limit on how many girls a sorority can bid other than the predetermined quota number. And since that number is based upon how many rushees go to pref and fill out a bid, there is NO supply and demand issue. Quota could be 100 if there was that many girls completing rush.

As for the original question, WI recruitment is somewhat competitive, but no where near like it is at IN, MO or SEC schools. I had some disappointments when I went through, but I did end up in the sorority that I loved from Day 1 even though I had no recs and didn't know one person in the Greek system prior to rushing. Just be yourself, keep an open-mind and you'll do fine.

By: Um, no
#3by:    

I'm not sure "well" knows what she's talking about. It's not a "supply/demand" issue. "Um, no" is right- if enough girls stuck with the process through to signing bid cards, there could be larger pledge classes.
We are having a new chapter come back to campus this year, so there will be 12 NPC orgs- not really that "few" a number.
Although it's not known as competitive campus for rush, it is still competitive to get into certain chapters, so be friendly, presentable, and keep your mind OPEN. Also, with chapters around 150 people, you will find every group has pretty, social, intelligent women that you will get along with. Every one.
Also, recs aren't a bad idea, if you know someone well who can write you a good one. They are NOT NECESSARY, but they shouldn't hurt you.

By: NPC

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.