facebook

greek week/homecoming

by:    

Ok I'm about to graduate this year, and I've never understood why no one on this campus tries for Greek Week and Homecoming. All my other friends at other schools say those weeks are the most fun, but here they suck and no one cares at all. Is it cuz Humo is where all the Greek competition is? I don't understand

Posted By: jj
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

everything about your first reason is what's wrong with the greek system. first of all, other schools DO have random pairings. They use it as a chance to get to meet other houses and people that they usually wouldn't interact with. While yes, I understand that kappa (which im using solely as an example) doesn't want to associate themselves with chi phi, dtd beta and triangle, that's not how it should be. Party with who you want to party with on the weekends but get to know other people in other houses rather than just obsessing over the 'top houses'

By: wrong

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: omg   

Yes. I love this post. Its perfect.

By: omg
by: nah   

that's idealistic and won't ever happen in the real world. I can't name a big ten school where pairs are random

By: nah
#2by:    

Minnesota. Spring Jam and Homecoming pairs are random.

And if you agree it's idealistic, why not help make it reality rather than justifying a greek life based upon popularity.

By: lol
by: this   

So much this. You cant claim to be social then refuse to hang out with people because they aren't "as cool as you". That makes you elitist, not social or "cool" or mature.

By: this
#3by:    

Why not do it by Homecoming pairs? Those change up a lot and people actually socailize. The only frats/sororities that do it are the involved ones anyways.

By: well
#4by:    

who is paired together?

By: ,lost

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.