facebook

what are the sorority stereotypes

by: curious

just wondering what the stereotypes are of every sorority

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: badger bb   

Pi phi is one of the most desirable sororities on campus!!

By: badger bb
#2  by: re: badger bb   

badger bb ruined this post.

By: re: badger bb
by: hahaFeb 4, 2014 5:49:08 AM

lollllllllllllllllllll. true.

By: haha
#3  by: but for real   

"You asked, I'll tell" was on point

By: but for real
#4  by: buckyb   

gphi girls have the most fun

By: buckyb
by: falseFeb 4, 2014 6:06:04 PM

not true, kappa has the best social schedule

By: false
by: guess whatFeb 4, 2014 7:49:21 PM

all sororities have a lot of fun. it's not up to anyone else to define who's having fun just based on who their socials are with.

By: guess what
by: And....Feb 5, 2014 6:19:07 AM

...You wonder why other sororities don't like you kappa. Anyway, while the top tier houses do have social schedules with the top fraternities, all the sororities have good social schedules. It's hard NOT to have fun at Wisconsin.

By: And....
#5  by: Um   

I just feel like things are changing this year. Kappa has generally been number one, but is now solidly replaced by G Phi. The tiers stack up something like this to me:
Top-G Phi, DG, Kappa
Upper Middle-AXO, Pi Phi, Alpha Phi (questionable on APhi)
Middle-Theta, Chi O, Tridelt
Bottom-SDT (nothing compares)

By: Um
by: EhhhFeb 26, 2014 8:27:27 AM

Somewhat true. GPhi replaced Kappa a few years ago, I would say. Kappa should be before DG. XO before Theta. And no need to be so mean about SDT. Just put them on the bottom. No snarky comments needed. Finally, where's AEPhi on this list? I would put them middle, before XO. So:
Top: Gphi, KKG, DG
Upper Middle: AXO, PiPhi, APhi
Middle: AEPhi, XO
Lower Middle: Theta, DDD
Bottom: SDT

By: Ehhh
#6  by: reply to ehh   

motion to put PiPhi under "middle"

By: reply to ehh
by: yesFeb 26, 2014 11:24:16 AM

along with Aphi. AXO stands alone in that category.

By: yes
by: wrongFeb 26, 2014 2:55:45 PM

^ don't listen to these last two statements. I wouldn't be surprised if an AXO wrote that

By: wrong
by: come onFeb 26, 2014 8:52:45 PM

top: gphi, kappa, dg (in that order)
upper middle: AXO (barely below DG but there is a cut off)
middle: PiPhi, Aphi and ChiO (In that order)
lower middle: Theta (by no means hot, but cuter/nicer than tridelt)
bottom: Tridelt, SDT (not being mean, they call back every single girl and have highest rate of people dropping)

Just a quick mention regarding PiPhi vs. Aphi
The older (Junior and Senior) PiPhis are significantly hotter than the older Aphis
The Sophomores are about the same, with a slight advantage to PiPhi
Aphi's freshmen are a landslide better than PiPhi's

But before you all start declaring that aphi is so much better and pi phi has dropped significantly, it takes a ton more than one bad PC or one good PC for an entire sorority to raise or drop in the greek system. Yes, a bad PC can start a negative trend which brings the sorority down and maybe that'll happen with PiPhi, but we'll have to wait till recruitment next year to see.

As of right now, yes, Aphi's PC is better, PiPhi's is worse
Right now PiPhi > Aphi

By: come on
by: hmmmFeb 26, 2014 9:05:28 PM

I think I have to disagree. While I think PiPhi and APhi are very close to each other in ranking, the stuff I hear "on the street" leads me to believe that APhi has a slight edge over PiPhi. Also, they're both on the same level as AXO. But, in all honesty, I love them all the same.

By: hmmm
by: ehFeb 26, 2014 9:13:04 PM

they are almost equivalent, however, i dont think it's true that either of them are on the same tier as AXO tho.

piphi/aphi get good all the time, occasionally get great pledge classes
axo usually gets great PC's and sometimes gets good ones

also its tied to who they hangout with
aphi-theta chi/sig chi
pi phi-sig ep
axo-du/ksig the most

By: eh
by: ....Feb 26, 2014 9:35:55 PM

Really, who they hang out with is kind of irrelevant. That is making the assumption that all sororities would rather hang out with du or kappa sig than other fraternities. I'm not so sure that is true. I'm in a top sorority and while I have fun at those fraternities and have friends in them. I can't say they are my favorites!

By: ....
by: trueFeb 26, 2014 11:11:46 PM

it really all does come down to personal preference, what are your favs if i may ask? Sae and sig ep? haha

By: true
by: @come onFeb 27, 2014 11:28:33 AM

Spot on.

By: @come on
#7  by: Disagree   

^ I agree with @comeon above. Mostly. I think it's generally true that Pi Phi's senior pledge class is more attractive than aphi's, but that's when things kind of started to shift IMO. Pi phi had still had the edge about 2-3 years ago but I think their reputation as being sloppy/excessive/crazy and the way the conduct themselves (especially on this site) is kind of pushing the scales in the other direction. Pi Phis and alpha phis are known for very different things. Like come on said, APhi has certainly had stronger pledge classes. If we're being honest, aphi's knocks Pi Phi's out of the park.

That said, APhi isn't perfect either. Their huge status changes on campus makes some girls a little big headed and that's definitely something they need to work on. If all goes well next fall i think their upward trend will continue in a big way. That's a big IF though.

All in all what I guess I'm trying to say is that while I agree Pi phi has been considered a stronger house in the past, alpha phi seems to definitely have the edge this year. Whether things will stay that way will only be determined by future recruitment.

By: Disagree
#8  by: ?   

Thoughts on AXO??

By: ?
#9  by: Hot Houses?   

All this "hot or not" is kind of ridiculous. If you're only joining a house because of how attractive their current members are you're joining for the wrong reasons.

By: Hot Houses?
by: yes, butFeb 28, 2014 8:39:47 AM

lezzbehonest. looks play a HUGE part in the popularity of a sorority. look at the houses that are considered "top"---they are also the ones that consistently have the most conventionally-attractive members. like attracts like. from a sociological perspective (haha, i guess you know my major now), women tend to align themselves with friends that are of the same level of attractiveness. there are certainly exceptions, but it's been proven in several studies to be strongly hard-wired. just my 2 cents.

By: yes, but

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.