facebook

unbiased rank

by:    

In anticipation of spring rush, here is an honest attempt to make an unbiased and mathmatical ranking system based on actual numbers, instead of just annoying "why one fraternity is the best and why another sucks." Based off a ranking post I saw on ASU's page, thought we could use the same here

Score Key per Category
(Rated Scale of 1(worst)- 10(best)

R = Big Parties/Philanthropies (Factors large big name parties like Mifflin/St. Patrick's Day/Super Saturday/Islander etc.)
S = Sorority relations: amount of socials and sororities' general outlook.
H = Housing (Do they have a house? How nice is the house/Location? How many brothers live in)
B = Brotherhood (Factors tightness/diversity)
M = Membership (Factors # of actives & actual representation)
P = Most recent Pledge Class (Factors Quantity and Quality)
T = Bar Presence/Parties (How often they are at bars/how good their parties)
D = Dells/Mexico/PCB (Big trips and quality of formals)

So it's out of 80 pts, with an 80 being perfect.

Ksig [R9, S10, H10, B9, M10, P9, T10, D9] = 76
SAE [R9, S9, H7, B10, M9, P10, T10, D9] = 73
Sig Chi [R10, S9, H10, B7, M10, P9, T9, D8] = 72
DU [R8, S10, H8, B9, M8, P9, T10, D8] = 70
Sig Ep [R8, S9, H9, B8, M9, P9, T9, D8] = 69
FIJI [R8, S8, H8, B10, M8, P8, T8, D7] = 65
OX [R10, S7, H10, B9, M8, P7, T7, D6] = 64
Aepi [R7, S6, H6, B8, M10, P7, T8, D7] = 59
The Lodge [R7, S6, H9, B8, M8, P7, T7, D7] = 59

Posted By: girl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is actually pretty cool and it's nice to see that the pseudo-arbitrary rankings that are commonly accepted are somewhat backed by arbitrary mathematical ratings.

One thing I would consider altering is splitting parties and philanthropies. Certain frats do one bigger/better than the other. No offense to Kappa Sig, although they have generally the best (and most) parties, they don't care much to do their philanthropy well. Giving them a 9 implies that their philanthropies are also good.

Another thing, in all honesty, do you girls seriously get to know all the pledge classes? Do you know how big each frat is? The sense of brotherhood? That stuff seems impossible to truly quantify based on the day-to-days of Greek life and seems vulnerable to predispositioned biases that already are in place (e.g. why does Sig Chi have B7 but FIJI B10? Do you know their inner culture that well?)

All in all, it'll be kinda fun if anyone goes through and rates them like this. It's essentially what the rankings page does but forces people to think out their responses, not just give the stupid 5-star or 1-star spam.

By: nice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: explanation   

For the philanthropy, I included big parties and Ksig has super saturdays all through football season.

And for the brotherhood, you are right, I can't definitively judge it. So I based some of it off the rankings that were on this site and also off reputation and impression I have gotten through interacting with the brothers. You can kinda tell how cliquey a fraternity is just through hanging out with them and some of them have preexisting reputations when it comes to that

By: explanation
#2by:    

which is the most douchey?

By: question
by: well   

There are good and bad apples in every house. All in all though, Sig Chi and FIJI have a disproportionate amount in my experience on Langdon.

By: well
by: disagree   

sig chi and sig ep in my opinion

By: disagree
#3by:    

Sigma chi and DU are the least douchey

By: Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.