facebook

what do the rankings mean?

by:    

There are tons of threads talking about "ranks". What exactly does it mean? Like, what goes into a ranking for a frat and for a sorority? I wanna know both?

Posted By: rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

well like general "class system" on campus if you must. top tier will undoubtetly have the best reputation, be the hottest, most involved, ect.

By: duh
by: I    

disagree. "Top tier" does not mean they have the "best reputation", are the "hottest" and "most involved, etc". I know so-called top tier sororities/frats that are not very involved at all, have bad reputations and are not the best looking. The "rankings" only exist on this website and are driven by high school type drama and by a small group of people. I can't think of one frat/sorority that is 'top" in all those areas. Each has their strong areas and their weak areas. Some are considered more "popular" than others, but popular isn't always the best reputation, hottest, nicest or most involved.

By: I
by: Truth   

Nope, there are definite tiers and they do correspond to popularity, and ---while superficial--- overall "hotness".

By: Truth
#2by:    

Thank you, finally someone with some common sense. This site is riddled with people trying rip down other's house and boost their own. I wouldn't put any credit into these rankings. You really need to visit the house and see for yourself. And also if you can actually talk to someone your know that is a junior or senior that can actually give you real info - that is way more reliable than this site. This site used to be popular 2 years ago, but MOST realized the info is pretty bogus, except for a couple girls that seem to worship every word, especially their own words. Go To Rush - take a friend it's more fun that way.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: This   

This right here. There's like 30 frats on our campus. I'm not even going to say "only x of them are worth rushing though". Check out as many as you want. The names you tend to see on here are the bigger and well-known ones, but it might not be your fit. If you're social and want that from Greek life, then those houses will be the ones you wanna rush.

By: This

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.