facebook

how crucial are recs for sorority rush?

by:    

I'm going to be a freshman, and I'm not a legacy for anything, however my grandma's best friend was in gamma phi here at madison and can write me a rec. will that help me in any way? and will not having any recs for any of the other sororities hurt me?

Posted By: wiscogirl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Can you dance or sing? Were you a cheerleader at one point perhaps?

By: depends
#2by:    

recs don't hurt, but they may or may not help. Wisco isn't like southern schools where recs are necessary. I would guess that GPhi may pay a little more attention to you when you come through, but a rec doesn't guarantee that you'll be invited back

By: be nice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: recs ?   

I heard that it puts more pressure on your second rounds performance cause sme houses ave more pressure or actual requirements to take legacies. I think Gamma Phi is pretty cool about it tho and may not have the recs.

I agree it can't hurt, especially if she can make you sound good. Gives the Sisters ideas of what to talk about with you so conversations are easier. They remember you better - could be good or bad tho.

My house took a lot of the recs that seemed to show people who fit us well and put them on prommo posters [do any others do this?] also we were given a rec letter list of the people who seemed strong fits thru the rec letters so we could have easier conversations and switch up bumping so that we could match her with people she is most likely to have similar interests with. It made our decisions to reject or accept easier and faster. We remembered the members more easily. We used to topic starter on all rec letter PNMs tho. no one wants to be in an awkward ocnversation.
Whatever you do good luck and either way you go is a good way to go!

By: recs ?
#3by:    

No member of any sorority should be sharing their selection process, so don't worry about anyone posting about "posters" or anything like that--pay no attention to it and don't worry about it. If you can get a recommendation from someone, definitely get it. You don't have to have one, but if a sorority knows a little about you before you come in, that certainly is a good thing. Ultimately, sororities pick members based on how they fit in with everyone else; a rec will not make or break you.

By: Blue
by: or   

If you can help them win Humo.

By: or
#4by:    

You should definitely hit your granny's friend up for that rec. Gphi is tough to get into so anything that will make you stand out during rush will help.

By: fraket

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.