facebook

fyi: self-ranking/bashing

by:    

I'm planning on rushing next year, and found this site a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure there is some truth to it re: tiers and reps, but it's pretty obvious to me (and, I would think to most people) who are the "self-rankers" and who is bashing strategically. Personally, I'm weary of the houses that have the most "ranks"---they obviously have a lot of members visiting this site. Which isn't a good thing. I'm going to try to keep an open mind next fall, but hope that all you current members realize that perspective members are lurking---and that we're not dumb.

Posted By: 2017
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I could not agree more with the post above.. Despite stereotypes/reps, I have friends in all different sororities (and fraternities, for that matter). We all spend time together and support each other. It's important to remember that going Greek means being a part of a sisterhood as well as a larger community that is a minority on campus and has a lot of stereotypes to prove wrong from those outside of it. I'm not sure that anyone who is unable to find their place based on their firsthand experience, and is instead using a website like this one to so greatly influence their decision, belongs in it.

By: above
#2by:    

Ladies who've posted in response thus far: don't be so naive. The PNM has a valid point. This site casts our greek system in a bad light and certain houses in a really bad light. We can't fault rushees for reading (and even believing) what's written on here. We should be faulting ourselves for using this site and should be trying to temper our sisters' posts. It's our responsibility as initiated members to conduct ourselves with civility, and clearly some of our sisters are incapable of doing that. No need to scare off PNMs by trying to turn the situation around and making them out to be the petty ones for simply trying to research Greek life at Madison. Frankly, the handful of houses on here with high number of ranks are generally perceived by most to be the houses who have a large # of sisters frequenting this site, and/or happen to be the sororities who are controversial in either a positive or negative sense. I'm not saying that this is fair or necessarily valid, but neither is the rush process. Perception drives the recruitment process, just as this site drives perception. So, to the OP: I hope that you do rush. And, if your perception is colored by this site, so be it. I suspect your opinions of the sororities will change after you go through the rush process---mine generally did. Good luck!

By: Get Real

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.