facebook

why?

by:    

isnt is true that there are kids in the middle tier frats that are cooler, classier, and better looking than douches and weirdos in the top tiers? It just makes this whole ranking seem so stupid, when I know girls/guys who hang out socially/date guy from all tiers. This just makes the greek community seem so separated, fighting to say we are all top tier. I used to be a girl who loved the rank system and bragged about my sorority place in it. Then I went to two or three big colleges in the south with huge greek life, and noticed that this type of fighting and high school drama doesnt happen - everyone who is "mid" tier with a decent rep mixes with all sorotities/frats - theres no social limitations. Why isnt this the case in michigan greek life? Instead of the top 3 frats mixing with only 3 sororitys and the same with the mids, wouldnt it be nice for everyone to mix and not be judged about it? Every little decision is scrutinized - Phi Delt mixed with AXO once - omg they are rising, AXO is making a mistake blah blah; cant we all just party with eachother, b/c at the end of the day every frat and sorority is just greek letters with very similar people, there are people in bottom frats that are for a fact cooler than the top tier who got a bid from flirting for 10 minutes with men in the fall, or had previous knowledge of good frats. I hope to see this change at michigan, because i really beleive thats what makes southern greek life so much more culturally enriched

Posted By: sad
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Amen, and same goes for sororities

By: PREACH
by: Exactly    

On point. The same does goes for the sororities. Not sure why UM Greek life is so rank stunted-- but it would be a huge benefit for everyone to be open to all houses and not keep rehashing the same one up down thing. We are a group of bright individuals that can't seem to get past an early elementary one up hang up. Let's hope.. The new pledges coming in this fall 2014 will help break down some of these ridiculous barriers that some of the graduating and older members seem to accept or keep going for some reason.

By: Exactly
by: agreed   

yep, its so high school and immature here, its ridiculous

By: agreed
#2by:    

We should expect more out of Greek life than the crap that seems to go on here. Not even worth the expense of pledging/joining if all that goes on is a bunch of bs rank crap.

By: Yup

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

>"Southern greek life [is] so much more culturally enriched"

Know how I know you're trolling?

By: OP
by: sorry   

i meant "greek culture," in terms of there is a stronger connection between the greek organizations

By: sorry
by: what   

^I have friends at southern schools. Some people won't even talk to people not in their tier.

By: what
by: ...   

I'm from the south and I have a lot of friends at southern schools and the tier system is not as intense, I explain to them how it is at michigan, and they think its crazy

By: ...
by: No   

I am from the south, have friends in all SEC schools and all tiers. I've visited them, partied with them...Michigan has an especially strong "tier" system, which is a shame on our behalf, because we're so much smarter than those SEC schools.

By: No
#4by:    

Every frat should have to mix with every sorority at least ONCE and vice versa (this is an enforced rule at some schools). How can you judge a group you've never actually interacted with?
Yes the "higher tier" might not show up in high numbers to the mixer, but the open-minded people might meet some people they' might have otherwise been missing out on.

By: Just saying
by: mhmm   

^this

By: mhmm
#5by:    

Clearly written by a guy in a mid tier frat. But, at the end of the day, the girls want guys who treat them well and are driven, not players-which some of the top houses seems to encourage. These guys can be found in all frats.

By: Yep
by: uhh   

or sorority...

By: uhh
#6by:    

i agree with all this stuff. I have a sibling in southern greek life, and while tiers still exist, this competition/high school drama is non-existent

By: maybe this year

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.