facebook

Harm Reduction Needs to be more addressed

by:    

Chapters need to address harm reduction practices for their members. Yes, many of us take substances, most of us have never tested said substances. You need to address how to minimize these risks to the younger actives and pledges, have test kits on hand, have materials from organizations like DanceSafe (there’s a chapter in Detroit to reach out to), talk about chemical interactions specifically for members on medications like SSRIs. I don't want to lose anyone here for a preventable reason.

Posted By: Serious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Agreed if someone is gonna use substances it’s better for them to know it’s not laced so they at least have some idea what they’re getting into. I don’t endorse it but people are gonna do it no matter what.

By: Yes
#2by:    

every chapter should have narcan on hand in case someone gets laced and people should be taught about amnesty for calling 911 for someone unresponsive from being to drunk

By: Yes
#3by:    

wait I’m on an SSRI what happens, like when it mixes with alcohol and other stuff?

By: Yhhhh
by: Eek   

Wait same and I drink all the time should I be scared

By: Eek
by: Mom is a pharmacist    

Mixing substances with SSRIs is risky on one end of the spectrum it can make your medication ineffective on the other end it can put you at risk of things like serotonin syndrome

By: Mom is a pharmacist
by: Ohio   

A pike at bowling green state in Ohio just died from a combo of alcohol hazing and SSRIs. He stopped breathing.

By: Ohio
#4by:    

I’m a risk manager I like this idea but am also a bit apprehensive are test kits even legal?

By: huh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: uh   

I mean most of the substances people take aren’t legal anyways but yes most test kits are legal and would allow for a safer environment

By: uh
by: Yeah   

Yeah they’re legal

By: Yeah
#5by:    

Bump this

By: Yesh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.