facebook

social life not in sorority

by:    

Will my social life be screwed in the fall if I don’t rush until next winter? I’m a freshman who just went through rush (got one of my top house choices!) but ended up dropping after bid day (for personal reasons) but I really want to join another sorority in the future. I’m worried that the fall semester is going to be hard socially without being in a sorority especially if football is back in person and more events can happen and other people i know are in sororities.

Posted By: social life
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Omg I’m in the same position but I dropped before bid day. I’m wondering the same thing. My roommate is in a sorority and I’m not and it already feels so isolating.

By: Me too
by: Me too   

it's just hard when all your friends are in one and getting new friends :( I think I'm gonna rush next year too

by: omg   

ahhh i’m glad i won’t be the only sophomore rushing! i definitely feel you and i hope we cross paths somehow because i don’t know anyone else in the same boat as me lol and it’s isolating. all my friends are getting their bigs and meeting people and making such close connections and i feel so alone. we just gotta get through the year and make the best of it

By: omg
by: Me too   

AH I wish I knew who you were

same ugh we need like a group chat for ppl in this boat to hangout and figure stuff out hahaah

#2by:    

Absolutely not don’t listen to what people say

By: No

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

As a girl you legit can go anywhere on campus.

By: No
by: A.    

How do you know what’s going on though? And is it ok to go to mixers?

By: A.
by: lol   

no you can’t go to mixers and youll have to find out through other people in greek life

By: lol
by: lol    

what other parties are there besides mixers

By: lol
#4by:    

I went to mixers last year all the time seriously don’t listen to them. As a person in greeklife it’s a very toxic environment and it’s reslly going downhill at Michigan

By: Don’t listen to them

really good to hear that, some people make you feel so inferior for not fitting into the stereotype of greek life.

the problem is that you don’t know that underground parties will be all they have to offer until after rush. no sorority outwardly promoted that stuff during rush. it wasn’t until afterwards that they put the mask away (no pun intended) and showed true colors.

by: My srat   

My srat is doing a lot of sisterhood events and is very vocally discouraging girls going to any kind of parties while the social moratorium is in place. So it depends on the srat. Obviously it isn’t as fun as normal w/ sisterhood events AND parties/date parties/etc but my srat is definitely making the most of it and finding fun ways to do things together. This pandemic really shows how important sisterhood is

By: My srat
#5by:    

Bump I can totally relate and I’m super sad

By: Yeah

ugh i’m sorry it sucks rn like i just wish i was in one and could make friends it’s so hard and idk where to live next year now that i don’t have a house

#6by:    

Not being in Greek life will not change your social life

By: :)
by: yeah   

cap I'm feeling so left out why tf would we be on this website

By: yeah

How do you make a good group of friends outside of greek life? I’m in so many clubs but none match how close sorority sisters are.

#7by:    

same thing happened to me and it sucks and idk what sororities will want a sophomore next year or where to live next year

By: same

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.