facebook

Lack of POC in frats

by: mich

Also a subject that’s been raised with sororities this semester, not really any POC got bids from frats for winter rush.
The lack of diversity isn’t reflecting well on mich as a whole. It’s not like POC aren’t rushing...

The most I’ve seen are 4 of pike’s 12 winter rush

Posted By: mich
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well....   

I'm in a mid-tier fraternity, where you'd expect to see more POC, and we did not have one single POC rush this semester.

By: well....
#2  by: truth   

This is why many low tiers are considered low tier because they welcome POC. They are looking for brothers not the typical white boy. This is the truth.

By: truth
by: Exactly Feb 17, 2021 4:33:17 PM

It’s really sad but even as a girl I can see the difference between the “top frats” which are filled with white frat boy types and “lower frats” who actually have personality and diversity

By: Exactly
#3  by: Bump   

Big bump

By: Bump
#4  by: yea   

phi psi and fiji fall pc had them

By: yea
by: lolFeb 11, 2021 10:21:19 AM

lol no

By: lol
by: FroshFeb 11, 2021 10:31:56 AM

Phi psi a few, Fiji don’t think so

By: Frosh
by: wowFeb 18, 2021 6:08:12 PM

Wow, good for you - first time ever? Congratulations.

By: wow
#5  by: Truth   

Let’s be honest POC don’t rush in general because Greek life is not exactly welcoming to people of color

By: Truth
by: TruthFeb 11, 2021 12:31:29 AM

I’m literally a POC of color saying this but thanks for proving my point

By: Truth
#6  by: true   

As a POC I've definitely felt that a lot of upper mid or top tier frats have less diversity and were less welcoming towards me

By: true
#7  by: Rushee   

I definitely felt uncomfortable at the top and mid tier fraternities.

By: Rushee
#8  by: Guest   

Shoutout pike for that

By: Guest
#9  by: O   

What you guys don’t understand is that so few poc actually rush. My fraternity had only one African American kid rush in the fall, he got a bid and fits in great. The same has happened in past semesters, i promise you the vast majority of houses want more poc than less

By: O

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.