facebook

anything i can do

by:    

i’m a new member of a sorority on campus and during preference round i ranked my two top choices and got my first one. but after that day i have regretted that choice every day. the sorority i ranked second wasnt even my “second” favorite i legit just ranked randomly because i couldn’t decide which to put first and i was tired but now i’m upset because i know i would be much happier in my second rank and i am very unhappy with the choice i made. the other sorority really liked me and i even maintained a friendship with girls in the new class and older girls in the sorority. if i leave my current sorority before initiating and rush formally as a sophomore in winter will i be able to join the one i ranked second during preference? i really really really think i’d be so much happier there and i think i’d rather not be in a sorority than stay in the one i am in now. i’m so frustrated because i had the chance to make the decision that would make me happier and i just blew it last round and now it just sucks seeing people i get along with a LOT more in the other one.

Posted By: new mem
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I feel the same way girl I don’t fit in with my current sorority and I’m dropped yesterday.

By: Yeah
by: new mem   

no way! i guess i’m not the only one having a bad time. i’d ask which you were in but that might be too much to share. did you think you were going to like the one you joined or was it a last option kinda thing and are you going to rush next year again?

By: new mem
#2by:    

Hindsight is 2020 huh. Sorry you feel like that, maybe drop it and try again next year. I’m sure they will still like you

By: Greek life
#3by:    

Why’d you choose the one you don’t like lol. Why would u pay for what u don’t even want ? Quit it

By: uhhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

this is an interesting choice but honestly this seems pretty clear. just drop and go for it next year if you truly can't see yourself in this chapter

By: hm

Will I be “blacklisted” in the system if I drop and rush again to get a bid from the sorority I ranked second during preference? I mean obviously the girls really liked with me and I liked them but I feel like beyond that people could be mad at me for dropping. I don’t want to be in something that isn’t right for me.

by: Junior   

No I don’t think so! If you just explain to them that you want to rerush possibly in the fall and your reason for dropping it should be fine.

By: Junior

Okay thank you so much! I think I have to wait a full year until winter rush 2022 because I accepted a bid but I definitely will look into dropping out this year and rushing next year. It’ll be weird to be a sophomore among freshmen rushing but hopefully it’ll be fine.

#5by:    

drop, live with some friends next year and try to make the most of it, rush in winter. It’ll come faster than you expect and you will be able to reevaluate what you want. Dont be too upset about it, after second semester freshman year the pressure of being in a sorority is a lot less and everyone hangs out with everyone

By: drop
#6by:    

You won’t die if you drop your sorority and rush again and you’ll save money too.

By: sorry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.