facebook

should i drop ??????

by:    

i don’t feel good about my sorority. this has nothing to do with ranking as it was one of my favorites and i was obsessed with greek life and always knew i wanted to join. i feel like the girls aren’t similar to me like i expected and now i don’t even know if i want to be in a sorority now when people are going out every night meeting each other and having fun and i’m stuck at home out of state in another time zone for the semester because of the pandemic and dorms closing. i am unsure of living in the house and i feel like i’d be stuck if i stayed. but i am scared of not having friends outside of my sorority if i drop because all my friends joined ones and feeling left out from fun events. i wish i could just not be in it during the pandemic because i feel like i’m just wasting my time and it’s not fun. idk how else to meet people though

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

How are the girls different from you?

By: Wdym

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: help   

They collectively share very similar backgrounds that I do not share, as I grew up in a VERY abnormal way and have learned different things from my upbringing. I knew greek life as a whole was somewhat self selecting in that sense but I genuinely do not have anything fundamentally in common with them, while they are largely similar.

By: help
by: nm   

I feel the same way like I feel different from the girls in my sorority bc I had a different homelife lol.... like I cant relate to them a lot and I'm remote as well this semester, what sorority ru in if u don't mind me asking bc like what if were in the same one doubt it but honestly there r other girls that u will relate to but don't show it

By: nm

kinda nervous to say which one i’m in bc it could be obvious idk but it’s on the top half of the rankings (not that that matters, just to give u an idea lol). which one are you in? would you consider dropping and rushing again or just not being in a sorority

by: nm   

Nah cuz im in like the bottom mid region but it feels better to know that someone else relates but I think I'm just gonna stick it out bc the girls r probably nice and you (and i) will def relate to some. its rly hard to read people over zoom and thru groupchats, I've come this far and I don't think id give up rn, the idea of living in the house actually makes me super excited and it sounds so fun

By: nm
#2by:    

Maybe wait a little, but if your gut feeling is so negative about the experience it isn’t a bad thing to drop and reconsider when circumstances are different. This is a pandemic and it is so not normal — choices people might make in a normal year cannot apply to this one, so don’t get too upset about it and do NOT listen to people who are giving you advice that would make sense in a normal year. Things are different!

By: advice
#3by:    

this is rly normal at first lol. everyone feels sorta weird getting used to the new environment. it’s easier for some people but most people are just faking it until it feels real.

By: okay
#4by:    

Honestly you should wait until next year. I know this year sucks but next year should be much more normal and you’ll be able to make a lot more friends in it. Sororities are huge and you joined the one you did for a reason

By: sorority
#5by:    

you should definitely wait it out. i know it can be overwhelming at first and it seems like everyone is so different than you, but as you get to meet everyone on a deeper more genuine level, you will see everyone has their own struggles, whether that be financial, family, personal, etc. its easy to get in your head when you are far away not there for the semester, but i really think its for the better to stick it out until you get to meet everyone on a more personal level!

By: xoxo
#6by:    

Drop! It’s worth it!

By: Drop
#7by:    

DROP IT. greek life isnt worth the price especially if you are so unhappy. DROP.

By: drop
#8by:    

First reach out to the girls who rushed you who you liked. You have until initiation to decide. Make sure you just trust your gut.

As for making friends, there's so many great orgs on campus that are still meeting remotely - join a committee so you'll have a smaller team to talk to and to get to know people through

By: depends

The issue is I only really liked one girl during rush. the others were just alright. I chose this sorority because i didn’t get any clear “bad” vibes. Also seeing people in other sororities i wish i joined a different one that i could have taken a bid from and it makes me sad to see i made the wrong choice

by: depends   

that's fair. you have until initiation to decide and you can definitely ask about a timeline of new member fee due dates etc. you caaaan talk to that one girl about how you're feeling though, definitely put yourself out there until you decide to drop. it's at least something to do and if you end up joining a different sorority next year it's nice to know people in diff chapters :)

By: depends
#9by:    

Things are weird right now! I’d give it a few more weeks until you really get to know them

By: Stick it out
by: how   

idk how i am supposed to get to know them when i’m far away and everyone’s partying tg

By: how
#10by:    

For sure drop. I had the same feeling freshman year but decided to wait it out. It only gets more and more toxic.

By: Junior

What was ur experience? Did u like the sorority u joined and lived in the house? And which one were u in if you feel comfortable saying? Idk how Id make such close friends outside of sorority life.

by: same   

Same goes for me. Time went on, my experience only got worse. living in was hell too

By: same

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.