facebook

just need some help

by:    

i'm currently pledging a "top" frat. i won't say which, but you probably have an idea of who it may be. two nights ago, at a pledge event i went though something i NEVER want ANYONE to go through EVER again. i'm feeling a bit lost and don't know what to do. please help me. i'm honestly considering things i've never even thought of before.

Posted By: idk
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Elephant walk? If you feel like your pledge master is contradicting the values of your organization talk to them about it. If they don’t understand might be time to talk to nationals.

By: Lollllll
by: idk   

it wasn't that, id prefer if i didn't have to go into the details. they said if I shared anything i'd be in trouble so i'm already unsure about this. what do i do?

By: idk
by: Wrong    

He said a top frat, not the top frat. All of them are hazing at the moment so this isn’t really identifiable

By: Wrong
#2by:    

Just drop the frat or run for a position to try and create positive change within the organization.

By: UM
#3by:    

Wonder who it is, most of the top tier is initiated

By: Uh
#4by:    

Go into details it probably isn’t something most of us have done before.

By: Do it
#5by:    

If you are uncomfortable in anyway or they are making you uncomfortable (whatever the situation), get out. Not worth it. While I agree, you can always change for the positive in the future, right now you are a pledge and have no power. Find a group of guys who have your back and don't get off on humiliating you. That's not brotherhood.

By: frat guy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: GREEK   

The above is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Please don’t give in and be degraded just to “belong” or “be accepted”. At some point your own self-worth needs to kick in—and that time is NOW.

By: GREEK
#6by:    

Yeah, this is why Michigan Greek life would be a so much better and would get a lot less opposition from non-Greeks if the "top" houses would take a hike. This whole "tier" system causes like 95% of the problems with Michigan fraternities IMO. Top house pledgemasters are Stalinist goons who aren't gonna listen if you suggest something they're doing is wrong, so your best bet is to let them have it and drop. I'd encourage your pledge brothers to do the same thing. Remember, they need you to exist, but you don't need them.

By: Anonymous observer
#7by:    

Don't ever change who you are to fit in! Period. You obviously aren't comfortable - so just go and tell them why. There are so many other great frats who have a ton of fun and don't humiliate their pledges. You don't deserve to be treated like crap. That is not brotherhood. Pledging is suppose to be a time of bonding. Trust me, go elsewhere.

By: what?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.