facebook

Didn’t get a bid - Do a lot of girls get in w COB?

by:    

I feel like zoom was just hard for me to express my personality the first time around and if I tried again thru COB I think I can make more of an impression. Do lots of girls get houses through COB or not really?

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I promise you zoom did not make anybody get or not get a bid. It affected everybody. I’m getting really tired of hearing that.

That said tons of people join chapters through COB :) I did! As long as you’re not one of the “I dropped cuz I wanted to be in a srat greekrank has decided is top” people you’ll be fine

By: Good luck!
by: ?   

This is the original poster and I mean I disagree because I do feel like it was hard for me to go through zoom in the first rounds because I focused a lot on the fact that I could see myself while talking to the girls. I definitely held back a little and had my focus on what I looked like just because I was nervous and wanted to portray myself in a perfect way. I definitely let go of this through the process but I feel like I got dropped by a lot of houses in the beginning because of that. I definitely want to go thru COB more relaxed and show my personality but I just wanted to share that I do think I can pinpoint why I got dropped by most all houses after the first round

By: ?
by: Good luck!   

What I meant is that everybody was dealing with zoom and every year there are nervous people :) You’re not the only one who got knocked by zoom, everyone has to adapt. It’s easy to say “if only XYZ” but don’t get too caught up on that. I’m sure you’re a great person and you will find a wonderful home

by: Good luck!   

And I spent 40+ hours recruiting and learning how to recruit on zoom. It sucked on both sides. I’m sure OP is a wonderful person and will find a house that will love her and vice versa. But primary recruitment doesn’t work out for people every year and it’s a lie to say it does. I’m a strong advocate for COB, I think it’s a great way to join a chapter. Primary recruitment not working out for you says nothing about your worth or etc

#2by:    

i think a lot of girls are overestimating the power of COB. in any usual setting where there are some coffee dates, sure it's easy to express your personality and let the sisters know who you really are, but in this case it's just gonna be more zoom? so I'm not sure how much different it'll be. COB pcs are also like 10-15 max unless it's zeta so i would just keep that in mind.

By: hi
#3by:    

I am sorry that zoom was tough. It is such an inauthentic way to present yourself and I think pledge classes will look a lot different this year. Good luck and I hope things work out!

By: Yep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Wow   

Yes. This!

By: Wow
#4by:    

hi, this happened to me too. it felt like it came out of nowhere, I felt like i had a really good conversation during preference round and then woke up this morning to unfortunate news that I wasn't offered a bid. i felt like this kept happening to me, I would feel like I had such amazing conversations and created connections but would get dropped. now I'm feeling just so low on myself wondering what I did wrong or why I wasn't good enough or what changed. especially with not receiving a bid, I felt super secure that I was going to because I felt very comfortable and connected to the girls. I'm going to try to pursue COB, but haven't heard the most promising things. I'm feeling absolutely gutted

By: same
by: don’t worry   

Hey honestly don’t worry too much. I know what house I got and I’m not feeling too great about being part of it in general. I definitely just can’t see myself there now after so many houses dropped me in the other rounds. I’m feeling pretty gutted too and now I can’t COB in winter or fall if I drop so I think I’m just not going to participate in greek life at all. (nothing against the house I got, they’re amazing, I just don’t see myself having a great time)

By: don’t worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.