facebook

Can someone tell me about AGD??

by: girl

Can someone please explain to me why AGD is ranked so low on here? I'm a freshman rushing and AGD is one of my houses and I thought the girls I've talked to are all really nice, so why do you guys rank them so low on here??

Posted By: girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: _   

Because shallow people can't get past high school and popularity contests. Because weight bias is real. Because people have such low self esteem that it makes them feel powerful to create arbitrary hierarchies that don't really matter at all. Go with the house where you feel you belong. 5, 10+ years from now, you will not care or remember where your house ranked. You will remember the friendships that you made though. And if being in a "low ranked" house, full of genuine girls with great conversations and things in common with you is where you end up, I'd say you'll have a lot of new friendships to be thankful for 10 years from now. Meanwhile the petty people that perpetuate the ranking system can enjoy their shallow "friendships" that won't last after graduation.

Best of luck in your decision.

By: _
#2  by: Goblue   

I loved the girls and they seem not be as “catty” as some of the other houses

By: Goblue
#3  by: hi   

i think the lower you go in "ranks" the more mixed bags you get honestly. so many AGD girls could have been in ADPI or another "better" house but because rush is a numbers game they ended up in AGD and probably love it anyway. I've met some of the funniest and best people in AGD and their physical house is gorgeous on the inside and really updated. if you care about friendship and sisterhood instead of these strange and arbitrary "ranks" you'll have a super great time, just don't get hung up on tiers and waste your sorority experience being one of the salty people who always thinks they might have done better in x or y scenario. tons of love for AGD and good luck!

By: hi
#4  by: Hmmm   

Bump!

By: Hmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.