facebook

Pref Rankings!!!!!

by: pnm

If you rank a sorority second, does that impact their decision in giving you a bid or not? i like both of my top two sororities and i would be super happy with either but i obviously had to rank them.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No!    

No, the individual chapters do not see how you ranked them at all- not before, during, or after the bid lists are made.

And it’s just how the process works- there has to be a ranking process in order for you to end up where you are meant to be. And congrats on having two that you will be happy with!

By: No!
by: pnm Jan 31, 2021 6:09:45 PM

thank you so much!!!

By: pnm
#2  by: No   

Not at all. It is a mechanical process. Every house puts together an "A" list (equal to the number of girls to meet the house quota), and then a "B" list (all other girls they'd be okay with). Then, the process is to look at each pnm's ranking ... if a pnm ranked a house #1, and that house also has the pnm on their "A" list, then it's a match. [And if the other house(s) had that girl on their "A" list, then they move a girl from their "B" list to the "A" list]. If the girl's #1 ranked house did NOT have her on their "A" list, then the girl gets put to the side. So basically, all of the "#1" houses and "A" girls are matched. Then for every girl that wasn't matched in the first go around, they do the process all over again ... they look first as her #1 house again (because it's possible she was moved from that house's "B" list to their "A" list because of the other bids), and keep doing that over and over until all of the girls have a chance to get their #1 house. Once the girls #1 house is full, then they do the process again ... but pretty much everyone at that point will get assigned to their #2 house (that's because of the number of girls that houses are allowed to put on their A and B lists). That's the process, but it's all done by computer ... the houses will know how many of their "A" girls they got (but the houses won't know if the girls ranked them #1 or #2), and the girls will know whether they got their #1 house or not (but the girls won't know if the house had them on their A or B list)

By: No
by: KJan 31, 2021 6:38:00 PM

Best answer

By: K
#3  by: -   

yes it does, it’s a mutual selection process. they match up the people that put them first and you will most likely go a little lower on their list if u put them second

By: -
by: NoJan 31, 2021 8:36:41 PM

Don't listen to this. It will not have any effect on how your top house ranks you.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.