facebook

Junior doing cob

by: Junior

I’m a sophomore going through formal recruitment but I can’t see myself in either of the houses I got back for preference. How hard would it be to cob in the fall as a junior?

Posted By: Junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorry   

The only reasons girls get accepted to cob is because the sorority needs your money why would you want that. If they dropped you they obviously think you don’t fit in.

By: Sorry
#2  by: .   

Unless you have hella connections you will be held to a much higher standard than the average freshman rushing. It's not personal, but obviously srats would rather give a bid to a girl who can pay dues for 4 years rather than 2.
Out of curiosity, what makes you think you'll get a cob bid from a house that has already dropped you/you dropped them?

By: .
by: UhJan 31, 2021 12:37:10 PM

math check

one year difference in dues not 2

By: Uh
by: huhJan 31, 2021 1:19:38 PM

A freshman will be in college for 4 years. A junior will have 2 years left. Stop embarrassing yourself "math check".

By: huh
#3  by: lol   

ya u won’t get a bid anywhere as a junior except maybe the very bottom srats

By: lol
#4  by: .   

when i rushed as a sophomore, my favorite chapter dropped me right before prefs and i actually cried about it, so i get it. however, stick it out through pref and see if you feel any different after - i ended up liking both of them and writing them down, even if i wasn't "in love" with either. Then I got my second choice lol but i've had a great time and made great friends even if i'm a little more social than the average girl in my chapter. Just try out prefs and see how you feel. It's ok to drop after if this doesn't happen for you. Just my advice

by: JuniorJan 31, 2021 5:56:33 PM

I ended up dropping. I just felt no connection to the houses I had left and I had amazing conversations w so many sororities but didn’t feel excited about any of my conversations with the two I had left during pref.

By: Junior
by: .Jan 31, 2021 6:45:28 PM

that's ok, you know yourself better as a sophomore than as a freshman. It is so hard for sophomores and up to rush here if you don't have connections, keep your chin up and contact panhel/the chapters you liked for COB if you're still interested. Can't hurt!

by: .Jan 31, 2021 6:50:04 PM

also ignore the COB advice above, that's the case for freshmen since they mainly get cut based on convos, but COB can actually work better for sophomores/juniors bc it's less of a numbers game with scoring vs. class year.

#5  by: cob    

cob now would be much easier than cob as a junior.

By: cob

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.