facebook

Transfer/cc student rushing?

by: transfer

I just got accepted to transfer in the fall. I will be a sophomore and transferring from a cc. Will this have any impact on my chances of getting a bid? Do sophomores/transfers ever even get bids or will I be less desirable?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Good luck   

I’m going to be honest with you I got indirectly but pretty clearly told I was being dropped for being a sophomore by a girl during rush. My rho confirmed it happens too. Some houses won’t take you because of it and be prepared for that. But you 1000% will be able to join a sorority. If your reasons for wanting to join are good (ie not “omg I wanna be popular by joining the top sorority and getting validation that I’m better than everyone else”) I am certain you’ll find a home

By: Good luck
by: NoJan 31, 2021 11:29:35 AM

But were you a transfer or did you spend your freshman year here? From what ive seen, most chapters will give transfers the same chances as freshmen but drop sophomores who didn’t transfer. The rest of this is 100% true tho

By: No
by: Truth Jan 31, 2021 11:58:20 AM

As a sophomore transfer I was also told I was dropped because I was a sophomore. They really do look at you different and idk why

By: Truth
by: :)Jan 31, 2021 12:10:30 PM

I was a sophomore transfer and basically had a full card every round in 2019, no one ever told me I was being dropped because of that? Super odd that we were told different things

By: :)
#2  by: --   

Tridelt's president was a transfer and rushed as a sophomore I believe! And they're obviously a top house so you'll be fine :)

By: --
by: :)Jan 31, 2021 8:09:42 AM

I think she knew someone though, which does feel important to add. Regardless I think it’s safe to say you’d likely be held to a harsher standard

By: :)
by: .Jan 31, 2021 10:31:43 PM

tridelt has 10+ transfers in the whole sorority!

By: .
#3  by: ....   

Do you have any friends from high school that are currently in a sorority here? That would def help you get a bid and give you a step up over freshman that don't know any upperclassmen

By: ....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.