facebook

Going back and forth between dropping and staying

by:    

I know everyone’s saying to stick it out but honestly i’m just not having a good time? I just went back to four houses I didn’t vibe with first round and I didn’t vibe with them again - surprise. I just want to drop. And I am going to admit that I am slightly superficial. I do care what other people think of me and I honestly just feel like I am not good enough. I absolutely wish I still had a “top” sorority. And I definitely know that there are sooo many others who feel the same and idk i’m just tired of hearing “if you feel like that you shouldn’t be in greek life” because I definitely do want to give the other houses a chance but it’s so hard when you come in with all these expectations (ik ik I shouldn’t have them). So I just don’t know what to do now

Posted By: idk
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I respect you a lot for saying that actually. It’s ok to be hurt. That’s 100% okay. But also acknowledge that your hurt is what’s driving your decision making right now. If you drop at the end of prefs, you will know that you made the choice after thinking about it and calming down. You don’t have to be a perfect person but acknowledging faults are important too

By: Keep calm <3

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

You should drop for sure

By: Truthfully
#3by:    

you should think about why you really care about being in a “top” sorority and if your experience at school would actually change if you weren’t. (it won’t) if that’s all you care about then yeah you probably shouldn’t be rushing. even if you made it in to one of those sororities i promise you’d still be unhappy if that’s all you care about:(

By: honestly
#4by:    

I would say drop if you feel like you don’t vibe with any of them it’s not worth the stress or time.

By: .
#5by:    

I would say to wait for another round but if you really don't see yourself in the houses that called you back, then drop. There is always COB and it is much more informal and you can choose sororities you like.

By: hi
by: Guest   

but if you're looking for a "top" sorority they don't usually do COB so dont rely on that

By: Guest
#6by:    

I'm dropping and doing COB, or just doing it next year. No point in paying for one that I don't vibe with I'm not that desperate

By: yeah
by: Mhmm   

Wow that’s offensive... “not that desperate” when groups of women are literally opening their homes to you. You can drop but be honest that you’re dropping because you’re shallow and conceited, has nothing to do with “connection”, that’s your excuse

By: Mhmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.