facebook

new sorority?

by:    

Is there a new sorority joining campus?

Posted By: Britt
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The campus is open for extension and three sororities are currently competing to be chosen to open a chapter next year. The options are Alpha Omicron Pi, Kappa Delta, and Gamma Phi Beta.

By: New

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: phel   

KD is the strongest competitor in terms of who would come back. AOPi is not strong nationally, and even though Gamma Phi Beta has a house here, no one in panhel would vote a sorority out of a house and leave them with nowhere to live (dphie)

By: phel
by: Who says?   

Who says AOPi is t strong nationally? Or that KD is the strongest? That is all very subjective. All three groups have very strong chapters and very weak chapters. The questions is, which one will provide the best fit for Michigan.

By: Who says?
by: @strength   

That can happen to any chapter and very quickly. Only two bad recruitments and no amount of help from nationals can bring a group back. A lot of it has to do with Panhellenic too. Members of other chapters don't realize that Panhellenic is only as good as its bottom chapter. Talking badly about a group to the point where no one wants to join them and they close for numbers just makes a new weakest chapter. Then the cycle continues.

Gamma Phi Beta is definitely the strongest contender here based on national strength, financial strength, big local alumn base and owning a house already.

By: @strength
by: NO   

AOPi and KD are nothings outside the south

By: NO
#2by:    

Give us an AOPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By: asdfjkl;
#3by:    

are they coming for winter or fall?

By: ?
by: Fall   

Fall 2014

By: Fall
#4by:    

I would rather see Gamma Phi back. They are stronger nationally and in the Midwest. Plus, they were here over 100 years. (Disclaimer: I have several good friends from high school who are GPhi's at MSU)

By: Gphi
by: GPhi   

Me too. This is their Beta Chapter and they still own a house on campus.

By: GPhi
#5by:    

Gamma Phi Beta has the longest history and a strong alumnae base. If they're chosen, DPhiE has plenty of time to find other housing...just like KD or AOPi would have to do if one of them is chosen.

By: house
by: Agree   

If GPhi comes back, DPhiE will probably be in a better position to get housing than a completely new sorority coming on. If they already own the house, who is to say they might not terminate their lease with DPhiE even if they DON'T come back on? From a panhel perspective, I think they are the best fit.

By: Agree
#6by:    

Bump

By: Lornadune

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.