facebook

aephi vs. agd

by:    

If AGD is considered undesirable, why do they pull a full pledge class? Would AEPhi be considered more normal if they had more people?
I regret not rushing this fall and am thinking about doing informal, but I hear these are the only two that offer it.

Posted By: Potential informal
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Nobody I talked to this year liked AEPhi, where some did like AGD

By: K

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I would wait for your sophomore year to rush if you really don't want to be in either of these two. It is harder to rush as a sophomore, but not impossible. Plus, you might find that you are fine without being in a sorority.

By: my opinion
by: agd   

this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By: agd
#3by:    

AGD is unfairly ranked and it shouldn't influence your decision. From what I have seen on this site most of the negative comments are useless and redundant. Every sorority has girls that are a bit different than the stereotypical "look" that they all want to portray. Every sorority has a awkward member. Every year the game changes a bit for all of the houses when new girls rush. If they want to change or not change their "image" they have a new chance to do so. AGD has a consistent large pledge class each year because they show them that AGD is fun and have a nice sisterhood just like other sororities that have large pledge classes. When your "in" it is up to you and your sisters on how you want your house to be viewed by the way the group behaves. Don't think they are undesirable because each house has the same things going on and unfortunately they all like to think they are a tier above the rest. Kinda shallow. Hope you decide to rush. It is a great chance to belong to a sisterhood that lasts a lifetime. I'm a senior now and will really miss it! Life goes on.

By: Rose
by: Potential   

I'm just trying to understand my options here. Why can't AEPhi pull a full pledge class if they have a similar reputation to AGD?

By: Potential
by: guessin   

Yeah, not sure! The girls I met in aephi seemed sweeter too.. it may be because agd has a nicer house?

By: guessin
by: LOL   

If AGD would stop calling the police on fellow Greeks when they through parties, maybe people would like them better.

By: LOL
#4by:    

They pulled a full pledge class, but we will see how many of these girls stick around!

By: Truth
by: spoiler   

Spoiler: Not all of them. AGD has a pretty bad retention rate.

By: spoiler
#5by:    

AGD gave out bids to 55 girls and 20 of them dropped after bid day. aephi has a significantly smaller PC but no one dropped. I think AEPhi is super underrated. Sure, the girls there aren't the cutest, but they're fun, genuinely nice girls who have an amazing sisterhood. They definitely want to expand but having a small house actually works in their favor because they all know and like one another.

By: mich
#6by:    

Not true! Retention rate is excellent this year and most sororities have drops for some reason.

By: M

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.