facebook

rushing fraternity sophomore 2nd semester

by: hi

if I transfer in as a second semester soph how would that go. Could I still rush the places that party hard?

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hi   

also, how long does pledging last. I just pledged at my school and not tryna have 12 week pledging again

By: hi
#2  by: cash money   

Rush sigep, you could be a 400lbs mute and they'll bid you the second you walk in the door. Plus they have a record short pledge process of 0 weeks.

By: cash money
#3  by: @hi   

You just rushed at your school? So you're a member of a Greek organization but are trying to rush again? You must feel some really strong ties...

By: @hi
#4  by: hi   

Well Im transferring cause I dont like the school....don't know what that has to do with wanting to be apart of a different social scene.

Any answers or na?

#5  by: Only Real Answer   

If the chapter at your old school is here and you're an active and want to join the UM chapter, that should help. No guarantees, but I think they'd have a hard time turning you away if they like you.

If you're an active and want to join a different chapter, I personally wouldn't mention it to them as that will make things pretty rough. If you were only a pledge then the old membership probably won't hurt at all but again don't advertise it.

You'll have a tough time with Phi Psi or SAE no matter what, unless you were in one of those at your old school. You could give it a try but I'd focus on the Sammy/Sigep tier and below at this point. They may not be the top dogs, but they're still prestigious fraternities with (and I'm going to say what we're all thinking) friendlier guys than the higher tiers. No matter which house you're in, you can party as much and as hard as you want.

By: Only Real Answer
by: looooolMay 24, 2013 10:51:34 PM

^u mad phi psi? also there's a difference between not mentioning something and lying. If I never told you what time I set my alarm for, am I lying about what time I set it for if you never asked?

By: loooool
#6  by: hi   

Im the original poster.

But ya, anyone have an answer. Not to sound conceited, but I usually socialize with good looking girls. I would just wanna join one that chilled with the good looking girls.

Is that possible? It's just not worth it for me to be in a "lower tier" or whatever

#7  by: hi   

I guess Im pretty much asking if it's possible or not. If it's possible I think ill be fine.

#8  by: it depends   

what frat did you pledge at your other school? we have like 40 frats here

By: it depends
#9  by: hi   

I don't think the previous thing should be that big of a deal, I haven't even paid therefore Im not even officially registered on the national database.

So if I come in 2nd semester next yr can I rush the frats that mix with the good looking girls. Id already be coming from a southern school, so I'd like to be around at least decent looking chicks

by: @hiJul 18, 2013 12:54:40 AM

If you're coming from the south you are going to be unbelievably disappointed with chicks at this school.

By: @hi
#10  by: meh   

well there are probably very few transfers coming in from southern schools in any given semester so youve already outed yourself to anyone who stumbles on this thread. might as well mention the house too

By: meh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.