facebook

rushing as a transfer student

by: transfering

Would rushing this coming fall as a sophomore who just transferred from another university hurt my chances? Is it worth joining a sorority it be worth it as a new transfer?

Posted By: transfering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MGoGreek   

Being a sophomore/transfer student won't hurt your chances much. Many (if not all) houses take sophomores on a regular basis, including "top" houses. I think a sorority would be a great way to quickly connect with others on a new campus.

By: MGoGreek
#2  by: yeah   

You should have a good shot, at least if you're decently attractive. Maybe you won't get one of the top 3 houses but most others will take sophomores. It's harder for winter semester transfers because only a few sororities do winter rush, for different reasons (AGD, AEphi, Phi Sigma Rho, Phi Rho Alpha)

By: yeah
#3  by: yes   

if you feel comfortable working at strip clubs in Ypsilanti, you should join agd. word on the street is they give preference to strippers.

By: yes
#4  by: No   

Quit ripping on Ypsilanti.

By: No
#5  by: EH transfer   

what if I'm a transfer sophomore but UM didn't accept most of my credits so they consider me a freshman???

By: EH transfer
by: phiMay 15, 2013 10:01:33 AM

I would guess you would be treated as a sophomore unless you're like me and turning 19 during sophomore year.

By: phi
by: umgreekMay 18, 2013 10:06:16 PM

Say that during rush, I don't know which way they'd classify you but definitely nobody's going to hold it against you

By: umgreek
#6  by: gogreek   

Definitely rush if you want to! Almost every house has a few sophs in every new pc, and don't really discriminate. If you don't feel strongly about any of the houses you end up with toward the end you can always drop, but I would really encourage you to come out and rush

By: gogreek
#7  by: Yep   

Seems legit

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.