facebook

rushing as a sophmore

by: sophmore rushee

Will being a sophomore going through sorority rush next year significantly affect my chances of getting into a house?

Posted By: sophmore rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: alpha   

not necessarily. you might have a hard time getting into tridelt, axo, alpha phi, kkt but if you make friends with a few of the girls then you can easily get a bid. skrappa usually takes a few sophomores too and they're a solid house. worst case you will for sure get into aephi and agd (although you should avoid that at all cost). good luck!!!!

By: alpha
#2  by: yeah   

if you're really attractive you could probably get into an upper mid house, or if you know a ton of people.

By: yeah
#3  by: yeah   

Alpha phi and kkg you've got almost no shot, even if you know the girls. axo and tridelt if you know (and are liked by) a lot of girls AND are attractive, you've got more of a shot but still not a good one. skrappa + the mids and lows, being a sophomore won't hurt you terribly.

By: yeah
#4  by: yeah?    

I think "yeah" is being a bit pessimistic. I know of at least two sophomores who weren't very pretty, only knew a handful of girls in ddd, and still got a bid. You might have a harder time getting in kkg but honestly that house is way overrated. If it was me, I would rather be in axo or skrappa any day. And if you are decently attractive you can probably get a bid from a lower house. But don't fret about whether you get a bid from a "top" house. just try and enjoy greek life.

By: yeah?
#5  by: ,,dfs   

sophomores highly unlikely to get into top houses. guaranteed a spot- but no guarantees of where it will be.

By: ,,dfs
#6  by: .   

Bump

By: .
#7  by: Really   

Houses are open to sophomores .. Just go ahead and rush.

By: Really
#8  by: mrh   

I'm in a top house and honestly if you haven't gone through rush before and if you fit into our house well, you could get a bid.

By: mrh
#9  by: Sophs   

The houses that give the most bids to sophomores are zeta and skrappa. Adpi gave 5 or 6, pi phi gave a few too

By: Sophs
by: youJun 24, 2014 11:16:54 AM

Wait until you're a senior to rush.

By: you
#10  by: -   

Which sororities took sophomores and how many sophomores did they take?

By: -

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.