facebook

fall sorority rush?

by: pnm

I'm a sophomore who's considering doing fall sorority rush. is that a good idea? does anyone know which sororities are gonna participate?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sister   

it varies year to year which sororities participate in fall rush because it's dependent on chapter quota (if the sorority does not have enough girls to meet AU's total requirement, then they have to hold fall rush). sig delt usually always has fall rush, azd will most likely be participating because they are new and might want more girls (even if they have chapter total), and i believe aephi is participating this year. axo held fall rush last year. whether or not it is a "good idea" depends on whether or not you click with the sororities holding it. fall rush is informal, usually you must know sisters to be invited in, and the pledge classes are smaller. keep in mind that holding fall rush is sometimes looked down upon by the other sororities (it SHOULDN'T be, but sometimes it IS) so make sure you're the type of person who really doesn't care what other people say. honestly, if you love the chapter, know you belong there, and get an invite, go for it! just remember that you will not be able to see what all the other sororities are really like at formal rush.

By: sister
by: NCali Mar 12, 2014 11:10:31 PM

How do people know which sororities have fall rush?

By: NCali
#2  by: sister   

Usually it's a word of mouth process. You can also contact the Greek Life office (on AU's website) and ask. They should already know by now. The only two I know for sure are AEPhi and Sig Delt. Then, after you know for sure, tell a sister you're interested! It's never bad to ask, as long as you're not too pushy or assuming they'll offer you a bid. That sister should then be able to tell you the full process (since it's informal every chapter usually follows their national's guidelines for informal)

By: sister
by: panhel betchMar 13, 2014 4:03:51 PM

azd is also doing it.

By: panhel betch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.