facebook

a little advice please...

by: Brit-Abroad

Hi I'm a British study abroad student coming to AU this August for one year. I'm really not that familiar with the whole fraternity system but am definitely keen to go frat parties and get involved etc. because definitely want the entire American college package!

Been doing a bit of casual facebook stalking and Delta Chi and pike seem to be the only ones with people who like to properly drink etc - is this correct?

Also is it even possible to join a fraternity year? Or could I just be a social leech and scrape into parties haha..

Last question, completely off-topic. Do you ever go out clubbing in washington?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers xx

Posted By: Brit-Abroad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: USA   

Plenty of people go clubbing and go to bars at places like U street, Adams Morgan, etc.

I don't think they'd let you join for a year but I'm not sure, probably not though.

Parties during the fall semester, like during Welcome Week, are usually open to everyone and frats do rides and pick people up at different locations on campus so it helps to know a brother if you want a ride to their frat. Spring semester its usually closed to non-Greeks, maybe you can sneak in but doubtful.

Depending on where you live, you'll hear about the parties ahead of time from your floormates or whoever, otherwise message one of the brothers on Facebook. Personal recommendations on where to go for a fun time: Pike (Pi Kappa Alpha) and Delta Chi (DX) are a little more exclusive but worth it, they're fantastic, so contact a brother or find someone who knows one, it will help. AePi usually opens to hordes of Freshmen. Sammy (SAM), EI (unrecognized frat), and Alpha Sig are the next step down but also good to get sloppy drunk at and are good for hooking up, the only reason EI isn't up top is usually people are steered away from them by reputation or rumors. Pi Kappa Phi (Pi Kapp), SigEp, and TKE are a last resort. Overall, DX, Pike, and AePi are where you will find the most girls and parties.

Also, don't trust the comments on frats or sororities on here, use Facebook to stalk or contact a variety of people from each of those two to get a good feel for it.

By: USA
by: Brit-AbroadFeb 28, 2013 1:16:46 PM

Ok thanks mate appreciate the advice! x

By: Brit-Abroad

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.