facebook

new sorority next year?

by: curious

So I heard that next year there is going to be a new sorority on campus. Any idea of which one and when it will be coming to campus?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Extension   

It isn't decided yet and won't be until the end of the semester. The panhellenic council will review application packets, invite a few sororities to make presentations on campus, and then pick one to colonize in the spring of 2014. They will colonize immediately following formal recruitment.

By: Extension
#2  by: rush   

so if there is a new sorority next spring, do they take girls from each class?

By: rush
by: ExtensionFeb 20, 2013 1:57:56 PM

Yes. Likely they will take more freshmen and sophomores than upperclassmen but there will most likely be members from each class.

#3  by: au   

If i plan on rushing next spring, how do I learn about the new sorority if they are colonizing after recruitment?

By: au
by: ExtensionFeb 22, 2013 10:46:24 AM

The new sorority will participate in round 1 of formal recruitment and then will pull themselves out of the process. National representatives of the chapter will likely be doing PR events on campus during the fall semester as well.

#4  by: curious   

I'm a sophomore now and I'm planning on going abroad next spring, but I am still interested in joining/having a leadership role in the new sorority. Should I/Would I be able to join Fall 2014 as a senior?

By: curious
#5  by: confused   

I want to go through recruitment next year, so if I am interested in the new sorority, do I have to drop out of recruitment so that I don't get a bid from a different sorority?

By: confused
#6  by: ??   

is this definite?

By: ??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.