facebook

greek life

by: nappsforday

I do not go to Mizzou, but I go to UMSL. I want to rush a sorority, but I am scared because I do not think that I am qualified enough. I am going to be a sophomore this upcoming year and did not rush last year because I was schedule to go to another college, but everything fell through. My family has always struggled with finances so I was able to join any groups or do a lot of things in high school. Also my first year I was focused on making sure my grades were good instead of joining organizations. I want that sisterhood feeling, but I am not sure they would take me. I currently do not drive, but I will be in the process of it.

Any advice?

Posted By: nappsforday
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ahyrfskjua   

You should give it a shot anyways! Now I'm not going to lie, some chapters won't even think twice of you because you are a sophomore;however some chapters will take girls that are juniors. If you really connect with the girls and fit that sororities aims, then you will get a bid. Plus rushing is a memorable experience. And I'm sure that you will do great!!!!!

By: Ahyrfskjua
#2  by: sor   

I have several friends that got into their top choices as a sophomore. the greek life at UMKC is pretty small so they don't care whether you are a freshman or sophomore or whatever. all they care about is how well you vibe with them.

By: sor
#3  by: No   

Dude, don't do it. I'm sorry, but money is a huge thing with Greek life, and you'll find yourself in debt and on probation if you can't pay your dues in time. Honestly, you'll be able to find better friends just through your classes and what not. Good luck!

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.