facebook

lambda chi?

by: Sorority Girl

Is Lambda as weak as they appear? For what is supposed to be a strong national fraternity, why are they so weak here?

Posted By: Sorority Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Answer   

They might be building, they might be stagnating. Who knows.

By: Answer
#2  by: Senior Girl    

I will preface this by saying that I am personally not a fan of lambda and when I went to frats rarely ever went there. However this post is dumb so I figured I would comment.

Lambda is the best house in the upper middle tier, making them 5th among all the fraternities at UCLA. Also they have been on a major upward trend since getting re-charted roughly 7-8 years ago after being kicked of campus for 10 or so years. Also my mom who was in kappa here when she went to school said that lambda chi was always top house until they were forced off campus. I will say they have nowhere reached their former level but they are not at all weak either.

By: Senior Girl
by: Another GirlSep 7, 2016 5:19:54 PM

My brother is a Lambda at another university outside of California and says that most Lambda Chi chapters have weak brotherhood as they don't have a real pledge program. It's like only a week or something and your a full members. Also their national fraternity doesn't offer the local chapters any help what-so-ever. They just take their money.

By: Another Girl
by: Not a Lambda ChiSep 7, 2016 7:25:48 PM

Lambda is strong in the Mid-West where I am from. Not so strong on the West Coast.

By: Not a Lambda Chi
by: UCLA GirlSep 10, 2016 1:29:44 PM

Lambda has a quarter long pledge quarter just like most houses. SAE is the one who has less than a week before kids are initiated.

By: UCLA Girl
#3  by: Yeah    

yeah they are generally a weak house here, none of the other frat respect them at all, you will never find guys saying "oh yeah lambda is chill." They dont really party that hard or often so thats where that rep come from probably.

By: Yeah
#4  by: Not Impressed   

Lambda Chi is not a frat that anyone considers good at UCLA or anywhere else in California for that matter

By: Not Impressed
by: Not TrueSep 10, 2016 1:27:52 PM

Lambda is top house at USC and Cal Poly. Also same with Oregon.

By: Not True
by: Really?Sep 10, 2016 6:04:39 PM

USC? Not good in any way shape or form. Lambda sucks!

By: Really?
#5  by: Bs   

This is bs. Prolly a snu trying to put down lambda

By: Bs
#6  by: stuff   

I heard lambda was strong back in the 80s and been weak ever since

By: stuff
#7  by: Lol   

Idk about sororities but a lot of frats hate these guys, especially the houses around them. Lambda is always throwing glass bottles and other garbage at their neighbors

By: Lol
#8  by: This post is funny    

This post is hilarious...so blatantly Sig Nu. I don't go around Lambda that much but being a 4th year now I've seen how much they've changed and thats why they get so much attention. I can tell you being in a top sorority that Lambda gets way more events with top sororities than Beta or Sig Nu. My mom also went to UCLA and said Lambda Chi was a top 2 house when she was here here and have a lot of history at ucla. While they're not there yet they are headed in the right direction. Beta and Sig Nu love to hate on them I think because Lambda has surpassed them in such a short period of time. I won't mention any names but the younger guys I've met definitely could have been in top houses and don't care what people think about past Lambda. Going out on a limb but I see them pulling one of the best classes this fall (better than some of the top 4 houses)

By: This post is funny
by: LolSep 16, 2016 8:35:23 PM

Lambda stop commenting on your own posts, beta and SNU don't care enough about you to post on here

By: Lol
by: yoSep 18, 2016 7:14:18 PM

at apartments probably, but not at their houses

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.