facebook

sorority advice

by:    

pnm’s will see this site at one or another before recruitment so here’s 10 pieces of advice i wish someone would have told me (from someone in a sorority)

1. if you’re someone who cares about what people say about you, don’t join aoii or tri sigma. there are great girls in this chapter and ones i even call my friends but the reality is these chapters in particular are stereotyped to be promiscuous (even though every chapter here has those).
2. no one outside of greek life gives af about rankings or what sorority you’re in mean. they’ll probably know what it’s called but that’s it. going back to 1, if you’re a cool enough person that’s in those previously mentioned chapters no one’s gonna care unless you give them a reason to reaffirm those stereotypes.
3. DO NOT DATE A FRAT GUY YOUR FIRST SEMESTER. they will be scooping you out on instagram once you’ve gotten your bid and at the bar. flirt and be friends but hooking up never ends well. if they say they want a relationship they mean for the semester then they’ll be someone else. just don’t get your heartbroken please.
4. your gamma chi will probably try to force you to stay if you end up wanting to drop during recruitment, please listen to yourself and not to them. it’s just their job but if you don’t think you can see yourself in the chapters you have left, leave and you can always try spring recruiting if you want (which is much less stressful).
5. spring recruitment is underrated and an amazing option if you’re anxious about formal recruitment.
6. the usual ranking of chapters people go with is phi mu, tri delta/kd, adpi, tri sigma and aoii but the likability of these chapters varies from person or person.
7. unfortunately, you have less of a chance of getting in those top three chapters if you have no connections in greek life already or didn’t do much in high school because your resume is very important that first day.
8. bars are a big no during recruitment so don’t even try to sneak it.
9. outfits don’t have an effect on if you get a bid or not just coming looking clean.
10. if you’re already telling people you’ll probably get into one certain sorority you’ll either get black listed from the one you want or other chapters. same goes if you’re only trying to pledge a sorority here to transfer over to lsu or another sec school because it’s easier to get a bid

Posted By: no name
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Nobody likes tri delta now lmao

By: Lmao

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.